Exercise/ stretches/ diet that aid in MMA?

Hey guys, I previously posted in the fitness enhancement section: http://training.fitness.com/body-we...xercise-routine-increase-endurance-67659.html where I got some very helpful advice on improving my fitness. As part of my general plan to push my body to it's limit I've decided to sign up for an MMA class. Due to some current issues I probably wont be starting till end September or early October. So that gives me about a month to prepare myself in anyway possible. I understand that I'll probably start on the most basic level but I would still like to be in the best shape possible in order to speed up my progress. For those too lazy to read I'm currently doing 3 reps of 50x pushups, situps, squats a day as well as jogging 3 miles a day. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me list down any additional exercises/ stretches or particular food products I should be eating or avoiding to help me in this respect. Diet would probably be the most important for me, particularly with regard to fruits which I have been trying to use to substitute junk food. No real idea what is good/bad for my body, mainly been going on hearsay e.g; milk, eggs, bananas (?) apples, etc.

Back