Exercise clears depression?

Ez Fit Singapore Share Helpful Tips,

Did you know that regular exercising releases a hormone called endorphin that makes you feel happier?

These endorphins interact with your brain to reduce your perception of pain. Not only that, they lead to feeling of euphoria, modulate appetite, enhance immune system and release sex hormones. The endorphins act similar to drugs like codeine and morphine, but are prepared in the brain and do not lead to addiction or dependence! Plus regular exercising has been proven to
  1. improve sleep quality
  2. wipe off anxiety and depression
  3. boost self confidence
  4. reduce stress

apart from its commonly known physical health benefits!

And it fights cortisol which Causes weight gain ;)

Regular exercising releases a hormone called androgen that makes you feel happier? These endorphins interact with your brain to reduce your perception of pain.

Exercise is believed to improve the stages of hormones and other substance messengers in the mind and usually put you in a better feelings.

Ez Fit Singapore Share Helpful Tips,

Did you know that regular exercising releases a hormone called endorphin that makes you feel happier?

These endorphins interact with your brain to reduce your perception of pain. Not only that, they lead to feeling of euphoria, modulate appetite, enhance immune system and release sex hormones. The endorphins act similar to drugs like codeine and morphine, but are prepared in the brain and do not lead to addiction or dependence! Plus regular exercising has been proven to
  1. improve sleep quality
  2. wipe off anxiety and depression
  3. boost self confidence
  4. reduce stress

apart from its commonly known physical health benefits!

It takes your mind off worries. Exercise is a distraction that can get you away from the cycle of negative thoughts that feed anxiety and depression. Those who feel depressive, should start doing exercise. It is healthy in so many ways without any side effects.

Absolutely agreed - I always cycle to and from work and it makes a huge difference. I feel really calm when I get home, even a little fresh (not too many hills). I was just wondering how much of the U.S. population is aware of endorphin? Not too much if you look at how many people exercise:

I really think more word should be spread about this kind of thing. It would make for healthier and happier people, and more than likely, a far more efficient country.

Dawferris
I don't know how similar US and UK are but over here most people regard exercise as too much effort for too little gain. Those who know of endorphins often still reach for a bottle or similar to get high or low if they want to.
I truly wish you were right but in all honesty the evidence of my eyes and ears says otherwise. Some of the ways I hear exercise and those partaking, self included, being described shows proof that light does indeed travel faster than sound because they come form people who appear bright until you hear them speak.
As someone who has produced data that shows the term age related in regards one of the most expensive to cure medical conditions actually means lifestyle related not only would the increased fitness of our world improve quality of life but reduce costs too I despair of the stupidity of people who won't spare a bit of time and effort on looking after themselves.
The classic thing with training is only the truly mental go to the max, it's fun though, but people act as if that is what is being asked of them when told to walk for 30 minutes a few times a week.

For the record you are totally right about the benefits and of course have identified the most commonly known natural pleasure chemical release. It has company especially when going further into the intensity range. I love the all natural drugs my body produces all on it's own, too much of a coward to try the others, attempted one legal and common substance and that scared the hell out of me.

Exercise is a major factor to good health in all aspects. It is a way of detoxification where the poisons/toxins of our body are release through excessive sweating (the sweat glands). Depression and anxiety are controlled when your body is active and energetic. Regular physical exercise improves self-esteem. When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain.

There are a number of medical studies that have been performed comparing the effects of depression meds to various other treatments including exercise and supplementation.

It is to long to post here , but I actually had an entire section on this very topic in my new book dealing with Fitness as we get older.

Many of the studies can also be found in Google for those who want to read more.

They don't show so much promise for psychopathic type mental issues, but do show good results for anxiety and mild/medium types of common depression.

Michael Spitzer - Author - FITNESS at 40,50,60 and BEYOND

When you have stress or depressive disorders, work out often seems like the last factor you want to do. But once you get inspired, work out can create a big distinction.

I can relate to helping with stress I look after my wife and 3 kids one of which causes most of my stress as he is going off the rails just now... I am totally stressed out but when I am at the gym and then relax in the sauna I find it helps no end by the time I leave the gym I feel like a new man stress free at least for a while lol

Exercise is better in fighting depression. It has long term effect because it gives sense of responsibility and new identity when you were able to finish work out. It also increases blood flow to the brain and causes our muscles to relax, making it easier to sleep – and sleep is a key factor in dealing with depression.

Yes, and remember. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't just kill their husbands ;) LOVE EXERCISING and its benefits!

I agree with you!This is so true!I started exercising when I'm so stress at work. I thought that exercising will be a great help for me to forget my problems. After exercising and perspiring a lot. I feel so relieve, relax and happier than before. And now whenever I'm stress or not I exercise daily.

That's really true.Thanks for sharing it.....

Back