emotional eater

I think i am an emotional eater, either that or just bored. I really need to change my eating habits, I love veggies and fruit and really just about anything....oh not really soy I've tried but just can't help it. When i eat 5 small meals a day I feel like I'm eating too much, I would just eat like light fat free yogurt or even fresh broccoli-(just a cup), half a bannana, but eating all day makes me feel as if I am gaining weight. Usually I tend to eat once or twice and i know thats bad......I dont like soda really, I drink alot of water,...maybe I'll see about a meal plan ...any suggestions on being an emotional eater I'm all ears. Thanks

Last edited:
STICK A PICTURE OF YOURSELF ON TEH FRIDGE/CLOSET OR ANYWHERE THAT HAS FOOD. THEN STICK A PICTURE OF WHAT U DESIRE TO LOOK LIKE NEXT TO IT.. or you can try my bulking diet for a week. were u eat like a fattass all day.. ull never want to eat again!! lolz

i recomend u try the 1st one.. :) but if all else fails msg me and ill tell u my nutrition plan :)

Eating twice a day will NOT get you a fit, healthy, attractive body. It will hurt you immensely. Eating at least 5 times a day will provide your body with what it needs so you can reach your goals. Your body is probably telling you that it needs food. Learn to listen to your body.

As for emotional eating...it's tough thing to break. I teach breaking that pattern in my lifestyle managment programs. I'll give you a tip: write out the top ten reasons not to divelge in bad for you foods. Then write out a top 10 list of others things you can do to occupy yourself other than eating. Keep the list handy.

Hope that helps.

Sarah

sarahfitchic said:
Eating twice a day will NOT get you a fit, healthy, attractive body. It will hurt you immensely. Eating at least 5 times a day will provide your body with what it needs so you can reach your goals. Your body is probably telling you that it needs food. Learn to listen to your body.

As for emotional eating...it's tough thing to break. I teach breaking that pattern in my lifestyle managment programs. I'll give you a tip: write out the top ten reasons not to divelge in bad for you foods. Then write out a top 10 list of others things you can do to occupy yourself other than eating. Keep the list handy.

Hope that helps.

Sarah

Thanks alot, I started the 5 meal a day thing yesterday and it seemed like i wasn;t hungry at all but I ate small meals, had a granola bar, 6oz yogurt, 6oz chicken breast and sliced tomatoes, 2 cups fresh (raw) broccoli, lots of water etc... but today i feel great! I need to go to the grocery store I don't have alot of healthy stuff....i'm finding out things I thought were healthy are not as healthy as I thought. Thanks for the advice

eating your daily calorie requirement divided into 6 meals WILL work. you WILL lose fat, you WILL feel better, and your metabolism will fire better than ever. Think about it like this. You metabolism is a burning log fire, if you dump a load of wood onto at once (Big meal), it will drown the fire. But if you are constantly throwing on twigs (small meals), the fire will burn at a steady pace, providing a constant flow of nutrients and energy

i used to weigh 277lbs (morbidly obese) eating 3 big meals a day with chocolate in between. I then nearly stopped eating out of desperation. for 6 months i ate 2 small meals a day, because i felt empty, i felt light, making me feel like i was on the right track (stupid i know) without realising, i was starting to lose alot of muscle as well as a little fat. because the scales were dropping pounds weekly i carried on until i realised i was still fat but had lost 30lbs. I then read up on fat loss and weight and started to eat 6 meals a day(total daily calories needed divided by 6 meals). 2 yrs on im now 18% bodyfat and 233lbs, alot leaner than before.

oh and your little baby picture makes me laff.

Last edited:
You're welcome, and I hope you're still feeling good!
Sarah

Back