Sport Eating out for the serious athlete

Sport Fitness
This is just a conversation starter for the serious guys and gals.
For those on a strict performance or cutting diet.

I've been living the life for quite a while now and I've always had trouble eating out on dates. I have been eating well for so long that I can't even stomach fast foods/greasy foods any longer. Literally, my body rejects them with vengeance.

I have my own methods, but my question is what do YOU guys do when eating out. What foods do you choose etc..?

Second question is for the ladies.
Seems like when I eat out and I go the healthiest route the menu offers the girl I'm with gets intimidated and self conscious. Like I'm the A-hole ruining her evening by making her self conscious enough to order just salad and water. This is far from what I want of course. The goal is to go out and have a good time. So....how do I make the girls feel at ease without accidentally calling them fat or something? This last question was more of a generalization, but I think the guys here know what I'm getting at. Girls are sensitive of the subject. Sometimes it's partly my fault b/c I've learned so much that when the subject of training/nutrition arises it may seem that I'm lecturing instead of discussing. What’s a nice boy to do?

Ahh yes, this is meant as a fun thread so I don't really mind smart Azz comments :D

Whenever I dine out (think Applebees/TGI Fridays), I stick to chicken breast entrees. Anything with a 'sauce' I ask for it on the side, ditto for the salad dressing.
Most of the time you can get steamed veggies instead of fries at any restaurant.

And although I'm a guy, I will comment about dining on a date: unless you're in a hardcore cutting phase, a single meal with a less than lean cut of steak isn't gonna hurt your training. If you decide to keep the diet strict, just be open about it with her. Tell her to feel free to order whatever she likes, but that right now you're in a training phase, and you need to get the right nutrients in your system (don't mention the word calories...).
If she's worth dating, she'll be cool with it. If she gets all weirded out...make her go dutch ;)

That’s pretty much the response I soliciting for.
Let me clarify a bit for you southerners and nor’easters. I'm not in Texas any longer, I'm in So Cal now. Girls here are not down to earth like back home. They are all sensitive, superficial, and materialistic to varying degrees. Even the good ones. It's just the name of the game here, and I'm not trying to be negative it's just a personal observation from someone who has been all over the world and states. I really like the girls here, they are just more.........complicated.

The best piece of advice that has worked for me in the past is "stop dating fat chicks.", just kidding, fat girls need love too.

I've always pretty much done what Malkore advised. If she gets all upity, then tell her you now know why she has nasty back fat. She'll prolly throw her water (coke float more likely) in your face and storm off. Calmly wipe off your face and enjoy the rest of your chicken breast meal in peace. If you're lucky, next time you'll get a date with a girl like Shereen. That chick is cool. Talk to her next time you see her on here, you'd be pleasantly surprised how cool some chicks can be. Just becareful, I hear she has a big b/f.

"stop dating fat chicks."
Bro you crack me up and I know you're not really joking about that.

I either plan my cheat around the date or go with a steak or chicken similar to previous posts.

IMHO, Mid-West girls the best!!

I was only partly kidding about fat chicks. Hey if fat chicks float your boat, go for it.

Imho, busty brunettes are the best.

Changed my mind recently due to personal experience. Brunette surfer chicks are the best. SMOKIN

Back