Eat to Live - Have you tried it?

meilinrei

Hello! I am just curious if anyone has tried the Eat to Live program by Dr. Fuhrnman. I did a search but could not find anything because the words 'eat' and 'live' are used frequently on this forum (surprise, surprise!)

I bought his book last week read it in two days and began the program on Monday. So far I like it and feel like I'm doing pretty well. It is really encouraging me to eat more veggies and greens.
If anyone else has tried it I would be interested in hearing your opinions, good or bad!

I haven't tried it, and looking at the review on I'm unlikely to try! I have no problem with adding more veggies to your diet, especially high nutrient, low calorie ones. But I'm also a big believer in getting enough protein, and not being so restrictive that you go nuts.

Hope it's working for you, but if you do have troubles, throw in some protein to help keep you satiated :D

Here's the summary of the evaluation from every diet -
Dr. Fuhrman’s diet plan is very extreme however it is well supported by scientific research particularly in regard to its potential benefit for dieters with high cholesterol, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

It is however important to be aware that not everyone responds favorably to this approach and some dieters achieve more beneficial results when they include larger amounts of healthy fats and protein in the diet.

I have been on this program for about 5 weeks and love it. As of last Friday I had lost 19 lbs and hadn't started excercising or been super strict. I have always been a big meat eater but the great thing about this plan (not diet) is you can eat as much as you want. It is the most commons sensical approach I have seen and Dr. Fuhrman has lots of research and data to back up his claims. He is also very involved as he participates in his forums (though they are paid) and he replies to people on his Facebook page. I would definitely recommend this. Get one of his books. Eat to Live is pretty hard core but I have read reviews that Eat for Health eases into it a little more (havne't read that one myself yet). I do not get hungry often and when I do I can eat something without guilt as long as it is the right type of food.

Back