Weight-Loss Eat more VEGETABLES!

Weight-Loss

RetroGirl

One thing I've noticed is that the more vegetables I eat, the better I feel. If I eat too much junk, I feel slow. Veg not only improve regularity (like you cannot believe!), but they don't leave so much room for fattening food.

My goal is to eat at least one raw or cooked veg per meal (ideally 2 or more) and a snack of veg. I love raw veg with dip, so I've been making my own dips and having a plate of 3 or 4 kinds of raw veg before dinner.

I know it's easy to avoid vegetables, and reading people's food diaries bears this out. But go for it! The newest government recommendations have increased the number of recommended servings from 3+ per day to 5+. :eek:

how much is one serving anyway...do you know where I can find that info?
When you say you eat two vegetables does that mean, like one carrot and one pepper, or how do you know how much you have in a meal???
Little confused :confused: but would like to know more:):)

Thanks

A serving size of raw (cut up) or cooked veg is 1/2 C. which really isn't very much. For greens like salad, it's a cup. Who eats that little salad? People who eat vegetables probably get more servings than they think. And technically, everything counts and adds up--the lettuce, tomato and pickle on a sandwich, ketchup, salsa, fruit or vegetable garnishs, even jam.

Go for the veg, and you can reduce your risks of many cancers, heart disease, macular degeneration and blindness, diabetes and on and on.

Back