Donate your Weight 2008

I shamelessly stole this from another site, with a Mal style tweak to it...

This club will start in 2008 and will run the entire year... And it's about giving back...

Each month, club members will donate, to either their local animal care facility or food bank or both, goods that match in pounds what you've lost for that month....

For instance, if i the month of January, you've lost a total of 12 lbs, then you would donate a 12lb box of kitty litter to your local animal shelter, or 12 cans of beans or some other healthy food option (totalling 12lbs) to your local food bank. If you're strapped for cash, then donate some time to a worthy organization, 12 lbs = 12 hours..

Lose weight for you - do good for your community - what more could you ask for in a club.

Ooooh good idea Mal (on stealing it that is!) :)

Sounds like a really really good idea! I will probably donate $$ to a womans domestic violence shelter. This is one new years resolution that I absolutely will be going through with!!

Women's shelters can also use toiletries, clothes you have outgrown, and children's stuff like diapers and other kid crap - so the weight could apply in diapers :)

what a good idea, i should do it for the weight ive lost ... thought i might go broke :O

heh funny i thought about that but somehow luggig 195 cans of beans or whatever would just kill me...

so I'm starting in january :)

Very good ideal for a great cause to!I love to donate to my local
animal shelter they always have items on their website that they can use.

Animal shelters will generally also take old towels, cleaned but if they're threadbare, that's fie, and blankets ad such..

hey that sounds like a good idea to me woo hoo! i can stat tomorrow. i doubt i will lose no 12 pounds tho. man...

This is an amazingly great idea. I as well will be starting this tomorrow!! I am excited to help out with charities and just ANYWHERE that needs help!!! Once again GREAT idea.

Katie

Mal this is a great idea and we donate alot already but doing it tune to my weight loss is kinda cool - Now I just gotta start loosin agian...

Here's to a New Year...

this is an awesome idea! i will definately start doing this for February! It will make me feel better in more ways then one! :)

So I was hoping to make a monthly donation, but since I really haven't lost anything....( a big whopping .2 lb )

Maybe I'll add it to February's total, or just round up to a pound & donate a can of food to the food bank drop box.

Hope everyone else had better luck losing. Watch out February will be stellar for me!

Back