domain change ... match logo: weight-loss forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

allcdnboy1

domain change ... match logo: weight-loss- forum

Hi All,
You may have just noticed getting logged out ... I changed the domain from weight-loss.fitness.com to weight-loss-fitness.com. We are running a test to see if we can get more traffic with the domain on it's own (how it was originally set up) compared to running it under Fitness.com ... sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Sean

I thought I got banned, lol.

whatever you did though -

when you try to click on apost from the main page - unless you go nto the forum - you get a page not found error

yea. stupid vBSEO :banghead: ... they only allow for one domain and i have to contact them about changing it ... so, in the mean time, i've changed it back ... but, it's set up to switch at any time, so be ready :)

it's back to not being able to access posts from the main page... and occassionally I'm seeing CSS issues coming up - particularly on viewing profiles...

this might just be me... but a lot of the images don't want to work... like i'm getting white squares with red crosses all over the place!

i think no one here is noticing any problems because you're all too smart :) you're all using firefox :) I had a look at the site in Internet Exploder and noticed the problems with the images.

I was wondering why my work laptop had the site without most of the images and with a weird layout! (Can't download firefox on there) Now at least I know it's not something wrong with the laptop itself, but rather with IE showing the site (which I suspected, actually).

I'm on firfox and had trouble getting in. I can't edit any mistakes, I've made..Neither can I get into diaries I've bookmarked on my computer. I have to find them and re bookmark them. My picture looks daft and Polly is hoping against hope that all this is a temporary thing because at the moment, it isn't the comfy forum it used to be. I'm sure it will all shake down OK in a few days

Hi,
I've updated some of the permissions for the users. Posts will be editable for 15m. One of the user groups didn't get imported correctly, but should be good now.

Sorry about the bookmarks. I'll be working on a redirect script so that old links will redirect ... will take a couple days though.

Apologies about the random change. We were experiencing server troubles and had to move the forum or have it down longer. Since we had been in discussion to change over to Xenforo for awhile, we figured now was a good time. Like all changes in the past, it isn't without it's drawbacks. However, we are hoping that these changes are for the better. One of the biggest advantages was switching to a software that had really good support for mobile. While many people used TapaTalk, we had no control over the design or running of the software.

Good to know. I had a hard time finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back