Does this stuff actually work? And is it safe?

muhadi7

I read (link removed) about Alli which I guess is an FDA approved diet pill? However, when I went to the reviews the article pointed to, most were either 5 star or 1 star with the one star people usually pointing to unpleasant side effects.

I'm just wondering if any of you actually tried it? Has it worked? Have you experienced any side effects?

I read (link removed) about Alli which I guess is an FDA approved diet pill? However, when I went to the reviews the article pointed to, most were either 5 star or 1 star with the one star people usually pointing to unpleasant side effects.

I'm just wondering if any of you actually tried it? Has it worked? Have you experienced any side effects?

To be honest some people are having some great success with them. I have read the alli tablets reviews that are all over the internet.

I do have a few hang ups about Alli however.

It is a fat blocker. It sits in your intestines and prevents the absorption of fat from your food.

Great idea eh?

Not really… not only does this prevent the absorption of bad saturated fat but it also prevents the absorption of healthy omega 3 fats and alpha linoleic acid (plant derived omega 3) and omega 6 fat like virgin olive oil etc.

‘So what?’ you ask?

Well in my humble opinion the health and fat loss benefits of taking in these fats in far outweigh the small amount of calories that the Alli pill will prevent from being absorbed. Omega 3 contained in fish oils tablets and alpha linoleic acid found in milled flaxseed is a far more cost effective weight loss investment. The healthy fat intake will help reduce bellyfat storage and increase ‘insulin sensitivity’ which basically means you will burn more fat throughout the day. Burn fat or block it altogether, the good and bad? I’d go with burning it to be honest.

Fish Oil – 1

Alli – 0

No omega 3/6 healthy fats? Look forward to the following…

Bad skin

Inflammation

Lethargy…the list goes on…

Fish Oil – 2

Alli – 0

The thing is, I know for a fact it isn’t the actual pill that’s making people lose weight on the Alli. It is their new found interest in health and nutrition. Every Alli review and Alli testimonial I read or listened to said something like:

‘I have lost 50lbs using Alli diet pills, I have been taking it for 10 months and I am eating healthier, exercising and feel great!’

Errr, great for them but hang on just a second…

They just said they were eating healthier AND exercising and feeling great. Wouldn’t that result in weight loss anyway?

I’m probably way off here but maybe just MAYBE Alli itself had absolutely nothing to do with the weight loss and it was just the fact that they were taking a tablet everyday that reminded them of the following…

‘I must eat healthy, I’ve paid for this tablet I’m not going to waste my money…salad please!’

This is called a ‘placebo effect’ the individual will make unconscious ‘healthy’ decisions everyday purely because everyday they are taking the Ali tablet it revives their interest in healthy diets and exercise. Even when they are eating something that may be a little ‘bad’ now and again, they make the conscious decision not to eat it all because their weight loss goal is fresh in their head!

Another of the Alli reviews said:

‘I was using baby weight as an excuse and wearing my fatpants everyday, my child was 3 years old at this stage’

That’s the thing, excuses are the killer, my good friend Paul Mort says:

‘At the end of the day you will have a RESULT or an EXCUSE’

In this case you can’t make excuses because you literally CAN’T eat large amounts of fat while on Alli. Want to know why?

You will ‘leak’ the fat that hasn’t been absorbed right into your trousers if you do eat over 15grams of it…

Don’t tell you that on the advertisement do they?

The oil/fat that isn’t absorbed is literally left in your digestive tract and oil by its very nature is ‘runny’. They even recommend that you wear panty liners.

Sounds pleasant!

Actually sounds more like a bribe to me…

Buy Alli at your own risk… I personally recommend you invest in some high quality fish oils and reap the health benefits of them rather than changing a panty liner every time you have a little bit of healthy fat in your diet.

:party:

It's helped me lose a couple of lbs. Although the unpleasant side effects are there, they'll only be a factor if you eat too much fat. ;D

Back