Does anyone have any experience, or info on flat foot surgery?

Has anyone here had, or know someone who has had flat foot surgery and who also lifts weights. I've been flat footed for years and I'm at the point where I can still train, I just have to be very careful. I can't run to save my life though and it's honestly depressing. As soon as I goto run I get shin splints. I have arthritis in my back and want to stop it from progressing before it gets any worse. I've made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. I am very anxious because I have heard people online state that you can not return to squats and deadlifts after having flat foot surgery; however I have found information about a new none invasive surgery called hyprocure. The trouble with hyprocure though, is that medicare most likely won't pay for it, since it's a new surgery, it'll cost me anywhere from $5,000-$9,000, the closest doctor that performs it is 50 miles away and being a broke college student, I don't own a car. I want to get any feed back I can before I do anything. I not only want to get feedback from the doctor/s, but I'd also like to possibly get feedback from others who have had surgery for flat feet. Obviously if the traditional surgery won't allow me to lift anymore, but the new surgery will; I'm going to have to find a way to make $9,000 and somehow get a ride to the doctor that is 50 miles away.

I would get the Hyprocure surgery done bro. I also have flexible flat feet and my insurance is going to pay the surgery for me because I am still under 18 and insured for free at my parent's insurance

Back