Sport DL/SQ/BP/Row Challenge

Sport Fitness
So heres the new challenge, which involves the big four movements.

Deadlift, Squat, Bench Press, Row

What to do?

Determine how much you can lift in all four lifts, then increase it 100lbs overall. So if you have a collective total of 800lbs, then you want to get to 900lbs. Doesnt have to be even in all lifts, just the total. So you could increase your squat and deadlift by 40lbs each and row and bp by 10lbs each and you would make 100lbs.

This challenge will start May 19th and run through August 10th. So everyone has two weeks to prepare and gather numbers.

Here is how the last challenge went down: The Deadlift Challenge

Thoughts?

EDIT: Actually I wanted to do like the deadlift challenge and do a smaller increment for the women. So whatever you are doing now, ladies you will want to add 50lbs to your total. I encourage all the forum ladies to participate!!

So guys must raise by 100 and ladies by 50.

Please post your total # like this: username space hypen space number

Whos In
AZN Dave - 805
NoSweatNoGlory - 930
autopart101 - 1245
CCR - 1106
Realworksucks - 865
Stephen Skinner - 858
Snewsome - 858
Karky - 1134
Dry - 840
G8r80 - 809

So we're gonna find our max row? what kind of row? I've never maxed on a row before :p

how long will it be?

well I'm in. this means I'll have to find a DL max, that's not in my program, maybe on of the days I do RDLs I can just find a max DL instead :D

I'm in. I plan on doing strength II the next month, but cutting for two months this summer, but i'll try to make the goal.

I know my current lifts

full squat 205
parallel squat 225 (I'm just gonna do parallel though)
bench 180
bb row 175
deadlift 245

total excluding parallel 805 (aww I suck :( )

im in. Im also on a cut for the next 10 weeks or so but i'll try and increase my numbers hehe

so far what i have is

dl:345
squat:255
bb bo row:135 (never checked this before thats just my 5x5 stat)
bp: uh 195 i think long time ago havent checked in months.

total: 930

btw: what happened to all the rep points? i lost like 40 rep power :S

Ok i'm in

Squat- 370 (not checked in months)
Dead- 385 (not checked in months)
Row- 210 (that's my 5x5 now never max on this)
bench-280 (just max on this today new PR)

so that's 1245 ponds

I'm in too, all I know at the moment is my max bench was 225 20 pounds ago... so I'd imagine it's up to at least 235.

I'll max all the lifts when the challenge starts... that's how we should do it right?

challenge

Hi Tony,

Good challenge. I am a petit woman and usually I do squats with up to 25 pounds on each side and always wanted to add more. So if I increase to 50 pounds besides the bar which I understand weights around 45 pounds, we are talking of lifting around 150 pounds, wow!! I will push myself to do it.

letticia

I'm in, I think it's only fair that I try and find what my new Deadlift max is though as it certainly won't be 400lbs anymore.

As a matter of fact, I don't know any of my PB's anymore!!!

I want to be in.

But it will be hard to find out my PB's. Reason being i wont really have the spotter for it. My training partner isnt in to all of this max rep sh1t, he dont have a clue.

He's even wanting to go low weight, higher reps during the cut. I cant be bothered arguing with him because he dont listen.

Anyway, so if i post em up, i post em up. Simple :)

just have some random dude spot you :p
I think I'm gonna go for a max DL today, program calls for romanian deadlifts (as the last of 5 compounds) and I'm gonna switch it for DLs and see what I can do. I'm really excited. It might not be my 1rm though since its so late in the program, but it should be close enough.

*@#%*@#%*@#%*@#%.. tried to find my max DL today. only got 180kg.. it was after 5 other compounds, including squats, but still. Either it is because with RDLs and GMs I haven't been training the off the floor portion, or simply because I did them last in the workout, or both.

Thats like 364lbs, Karky's getting weaker karky's getting weaker :p

Back