Diva Mommy's Weight Loss Diary

Diva Mommy

Hello Everyone,

I am a Newbie to this forum! I am 26 years old, married 3.5 years to my best friend and the mommy to my first child - a WONDERFUL baby boy (he will be 7 months in September). Now that we have crossed that 6 month mark - I feel that I am closer to his 1 year birthday and further away from saying "I just had a baby" :D !! I don't want his birth to be an excuse for my weight :eek: !

It's funny I felt the sexiest, most beautiful, truly DIVA while I was pregnant. I gained weight after I got married (don't want that to be an excuse either!! LOL) and weighed 155 at my first prenatal visit. I weighed less than 170 lbs at my heaviest during my pregnancy and I currently weigh 163 lbs (5'1.5" tall). I have NEVER been this big in my life. I wear it well - if I do say so myself (LOL) :D !!

I hope that this diary will be the catalyst to supercharge my weight loss and get me closer to my goal! I eat 5-6 mini meals a day - lots of fresh veggies, fruit, no fried foods, no fast food. My only beverage is water (LOTS of it - still nursing) and an occasional cup of tea. I run/walk 30-45 minutes a day (6 days a week) and do a Pilates DVD or do a strength training WO with resistance bands 3-4 times a week. I still breastfeed - but my son mostly eats the baby food that I puree and nurses in the morning, once in the afternoon and before bed.

I have started to get more sleep - as my son now sleeps from 8:30 pm - 6:30 am ~ HALLELUJAH ;) !

I will post my daily WO regimen, food diary and overall thoughts each day. Your encouragement, advice and comments are welcome as I move forward on my weight loss journey!!!

Last edited:
Good for you Diva! Love your positive attitude. You regiment sounds alot like mine. I have a 9 month old Baby Boy:D Isn't it beautiful when they finally start to sleep. I wish you the best of luck, you can do it!!!!

Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the support! It is wonderful to sleep at night and see my husband again without delirious fatigue! I walk/ran last night before bed - felt GREAT! :D

I use a heart rate monitor and walk for 2 minutes at a 1% incline at 3.5 mph and then run for 2 minutes at a 3% incline at 6.0 mph - all for 30 minutes or until I hit 300 calories. Hey - gotta start somewhere right?! :eek:

Because my son sleeps longer at night - that seems to be the best time for me to do my cardio - around 9 pm. I slept like a baby and dreamt A LOT!

:rolleyes: Hmmm? I guess that why kids sleep so great! They wear themselves OUT!

I had a peach, 5 almonds and a cup of tea with honey and soy milk before my shower ~ 200 calories. I need to lower that!! :eek:

So far so good this morning will write more later! Have a SPECTACULAR DAY!! :D

Last edited:
So far so good....

Today has been a GREAT DAY! I feel really great after my run/walk last night and all of the awesome encouragement! :D Believe me I am careful to return it, b/c I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on my diary!

Here are my goals::eek:
  1. Cardio 6 days a week - min. 300 cals
  2. Strength train or Pilates: 3 days a week
  3. Stay close to 1400 cals per day until I stop breastfeeding.
  4. Drink minimum 96 oz H2O a day
  5. Find 30 minutes of Me time to maintain my Divaness ROFLOL :D

Food so far today (will post complete day tomorrow a.m.) -
Meal 1 - 6:30 a- 1 EAS LCarb Stwby Cream - 100

Meal 2 - 9 a- Low Fat Miga Quesadilla (315)
1 t Smart Bal Butter;1 egg; 1 T Hormel Real Bacon Bits;1 slice 2% milk Amer chse; 2 extra thin corn tortillas; 1 T onion; 1 T salsa; 5 strawberries; 1/2 SF caramel pudd; 1 pkt Splenda

Meal 3 - 12 p- Thai Tofu Stirfry (435) WOW - It was soooo good too!:rolleyes:
1/2 Ramen block (no seasoning pkt); 1 T Thai sweet chili sauce; 1 c stir fry veggies; 1.75 oz extra firm tofu; 2 t crunchy p bttr; 5 shrimp; 1 t lime juice

Meal 4 - 3 pm - Southwestern Chkn Salad (300)
2 c green leaf lettuce; 1/4 c blk beans; 1/4 c tomato; 1/8 c reduced fat colby/mont cheese; 1/4 c corn; 3 oz grilled chkn; 2 T salsa; 1 T Lgt Dn Rght 1000 Isl Drssing

Total so far: 1150

My goal is to eat really light my final two meals - I'm talking fruit! Wish me the best!! :cool:

Good on you Diva Mummy:) My son is 18 months old and I have lost a fair bit of weight but that baby bulge is still there.Good luck with it all

I made it!!

I am sooo sleepy FINALLY! :eek: I was so charged after my workout that I couldn't sleep! Thought I might as well right about my day before I head to bed.

I almost didn't workout - I felt exhausted! Hey playing with a 6 month old all day can wear you out :D LOL - I love my life! Anyway, I started thinking about my wonderful cheering section here at fitness.com and decided to get myself on the treadmill! ~ Don't get me wrong - I appreciate each and every one of you ladies, but seeing myself naked wasn't a bad motivation either :eek: !!

I didn't hit my goal of increasing my WO time - but I realized I need to stick to my current run/walk program - 2 min 3.5 mph 3% & 2 min 6.0 mph at 1% = 30 min / 300 cals - for a little longer. I feel great though - 2nd WO day this week and no soreness..yet :p !

Today's Meals:
Meal 1 - 6:30 a- 1 EAS LCarb Stwby Cream (100)

Meal 2 - 9 a- Low Fat Miga Quesadilla (315)
1 t Smart Bal Butter;1 egg; 1 T Hormel Real Bacon Bits;1 slice 2% milk Amer chse; 2 extra thin corn tortillas; 1 T onion; 1 T salsa; 5 strawberries; 1/2 SF caramel pudd; 1 pkt Splenda

Meal 3 - 12 p- Thai Tofu Stir fry (435) WOW - It was soooo good too!
1/2 Ramen block (no seasoning pkt); 1 T Thai sweet chili sauce; 1 c stir fry veggies; 1.75 oz extra firm tofu; 2 t crunchy p bttr; 5 shrimp; 1 t lime juice

Meal 4 - 3 pm - Southwestern Chkn Salad (300)
2 c green leaf lettuce; 1/4 c blk beans; 1/4 c tomato; 1/8 c reduced fat colby/mont cheese; 1/4 c corn; 3 oz grilled chkn; 2 T salsa; 1 T Lgt Dn Rght 1000 Isl Drssing

Meal 5 - 6 pm - Chocolate Mousse w/ caramelized banana (150)
1/4 c ff cottage cheese blended with 1/2 Sfree chocolate pudd; 1/2 banana; 1/2 sheet cin graham cracker, 1/2 T dulce de leche
I was trying to be creative here - turned out to be DELICIOUS - but I definitely watch WAY TOO MUCH Food Network!!:p

Meal 6 - 9 pm - 2 fresh peaches, 5 almonds (135)

Total cals: 1435 - within my target! YEAH!! :D
Total exercise cals: 300
;) A note with Jelly Belly 88 in mind : 128 oz of water!!

Today was a good day! I am tired though! Went to story time at the library with my son and husband! We had a lot of fun! He's so little but thinks he is SO big - I am talking about my little boy - for those of you with funny bones!! LOL

I realize that some days are "I want to eat everything in sight" days and you do! Thank God today was not that day for me - almost but not quite!! i found a cool website on Zig Zag dieting in spelin01's diary! Thanks spelin01 :D - Check it out!! I think I might try zig-zagging it next week!! :D

spelin01 said:
Obviously you would adjust calories on this calculator each time you lost weight as your calorie needs would change. Heres the website if anyone was interested . Alot of interesting info here to. Also tells you how many cals you are burning for you weight and time you did an activity.

7:30 am Eas Low Carb Double Choc Fudge shake (100)

9 am
Peanut Butter Banana Toast (345) 2 sl light wheat bread; 2 T crunchy p butter; 1/2 banana; 1 t honey

12 noon Goat Cheese & Mushroom stuffed Chicken w/ Garlic Mashed Potatoes (300)
1 oz goat cheese; 3 oz chicken breast; 1/4 t garlic; 1/3 c mashed flakes; 1/4 c chicken broth;
1/8 c plain soy milk; 1/2 T Smart Bal light; 1 mushroom; fresh parsley

2 pm 1 Chocolate Almond Breyers Light Bar (170)- this was so rich and creamy - but I could have waited as saved the cals for fruit at night!!

3 pm Spinach, Mushroom & Cheese Pizza (291)
1/2 7" pizza crust; 1/4 c baby spinach; 1/4 c sl mushrooms; 1/4 c veggie marinara; 1 sl Swiss; 1/2 oz Parm; 2 T onion

6 pm Greek Salad & 2 Breadsticks (270)
2 c green leaf; 5 green olives; 1 oz red fat feta; 1/4 c cucumber; 1/4 tomato; 2 breadsticks (could have had only one- but they were nice and hot, crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy inside!! Can you tell that I like to eat and LOVE to cook! ;)

Total: 1476 - Higher than I would have liked but not bad - I will just work out a little longer tomorrow ! Oh, no the fat woman's mantra!!

WO cals - 100 run 6 mph 3% 10 min - gotta work on that tomorrow!!
128 oz water - just for my Jelly Belly !!! ;)

Last edited:
A little insight...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I think I will stop acting crazy - weight loss is more challenging that weight gain (No duh?) BUT it doesn't have to be rocket science!

Diva Mommy said:
Here are my goals::eek:
  1. Cardio 6 days a week - min. 300 cals
  2. Strength train or Pilates: 3 days a week
  3. Stay close to 1400 cals per day until I stop breastfeeding.
  4. Drink minimum 96 oz H2O a day
  5. Find 30 minutes of Me time to maintain my Divaness ROFLOL :D

Well, I feel great about my food. I have no problem sticking around 1400. Crept up yesterday, but I will eat more veggies, tofu, etc today. I don't really like fast food, I don't buy junk so that I won't feel tempted, but I do enjoy eating out on occasion - so I may face challenges there. The WONDERFUL thing is - I LOVE TO COOK! I feel great when I eat well and that is enough motivation to continue everyday!

WWHHHYYYY is the same principal NOT true when it comes to exercising! I LOVE IT...while I'm doing it and immediately after. BUT all the time leading up to it I moan and groan!

I have learned a few things about my thought process toward exercise:
  1. First, I think I set my bar too high to begin w/ 6 days a week - I will set a new goal of 4 days a week to allow myself a sense of accomplishment and increase from that point.
  2. Saying "I don't feel like exercising" all day will most assuredly lead to me NOT EXERCISING!!! (GENIUS) -Instead I will self talk about how great I feel after WO and (most importantly - LOL) how great I will look at my goal wt at my son's 1st b-day party :D - you're laughing? I'm dead serious - I'm going to be drop dead SEXXXY LOL :D
Have a great day!

I had to share something HILARIOUS (to me at least) :D

My little boy had become disinterested in his mashed potatoes and peas so I stepped into the kitchen to make myself a snack (Caramelized Banana - delicious...anyway). Mind you - I literally stepped into the kitchen I am within arms reach of him and SUDDENLY I hear my 6 month old son CRACKING UP LAUGHING (this is funny in and of itself! :D) - I look up and to my horror there are PEAS EVERYWHERE!!:eek:

On the chair, his highchair, the floor, the wall, the table. He decided to reach for the peas and missed and thought that his beautiful Picasso Pea Work of Art was absolutely hilarious. He laughed even harder at the sight of my head bobbing up and down as I hurriedly scrubbed until there was no trace of PEA! Lest my husband gloat - I teased him after I returned home to find mashed sweet potatoes everywhere and our son sitting in his high chair with a look of accomplishment. Is this a trend? I called my mom on the phone so that she could hear his delighted laughter - I figured she wouldn't believe me otherwise! I wonder how many calories I burned today scrubbing up peas? :D LOL Moral of the story - DO NOT multi task with a 6 month old!

P.S. This is my final post in the New Mom's forum. I have an identical diary under Weight Loss Diary - no point in posting the same thing twice. So please visit me there: http://weight-loss.fitness.com/showthread.php?t=5172

Keep it DIVA - Divinely Inspired, Victoriously Awesome! :D

Last edited:
Back