Dip recipe

nolajoe

Would really like a lo cal, lo fat dip (ranch or other) to dip veggies in for those times when you are really hungry to avoid those other things I DON'T need. I have yet to find a recipe I really like..I am new to forum so point me to resources here if we have them...

hmm, wish i could help ... i likie making my own dip with a bit of sour cream and some spices around the house ... i never make the same thing twice as i alwazs experiemnt

Last night we had two couples over for a dinner party, and I wanted dip to serve with raw veg. I always have a raw veg plate for company or take one to potlucks so I know I'll get something healthy in there. I didnt buy any dip because it's hard to find light ones, and the fat free ones tend to taste like glue.

So I rummaged in my cupboard and found a packet of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dip mix. It called for 16 oz of sour cream, but I used about 3/4 c. fat free cottage cheese, about a cup of sour cream, and about 1/4 c. of light cream cheese and mixed with a hand blender. It was good! Not really hot but a touch spicy. It was smooth and creamy, and I'll definitely try it again.
;)

Back