Sport Diet for a newbie with IBS and unhealthy eating habbits.

Sport Fitness

Pimanco

Weight: 70kg (154 lbs)
Goal: Being fit and build muscle.

I'm working on a lot in my life right now to get my life together, and proper diet and working out is part of it.
Currently I'm living on a FODMAP Diet which restricts some foods and quantities. Also i have a habit from childhood to not eat late. Eating late has given extremely uncomfortable results the next morning and has really scared me (Yes it was probably considered OCD at one point and might still be) So i don't eat after
5:00PM Ish. and i try to wake up at 7:00AM and I love breakfasts and waking up early.

Currently since I've recently been extremely underweight i have propped my body with as much as i can in between those 10 hours and usually land at 2200-2700 calories. that made me go from 55kg to 70kg in 2-3 months.

The issues with my current diet:

1. I sometimes get fatigued, especially after dinner and sometimes fall asleep in my chair. (Too much carbs? no idea....)
2. I often feel sluggish (The opposite of capable and willing to run, jump and screw around)
3. Some depression and feeling pressure to gain weight makes me eat something all the time. If that's ham and crispbread, canned tuna, bananas or yoghurt. (I'm working on getting more occupied)

There is something to read everywhere online about diets, but i feel so overwhelmed and it seems way to complicated but I'm sure it's not supposed to be!
I was hoping there would be a general and easy way to understand and follow it without having to read a book of text or sit every second of the day thinking about it.

EDIT:
I might be wrong, but i think my problems are caused by when i eat what i eat, and how much of what i eat.
Gaining muscle i have no idea other than being told to eat carbs and protein...
Lastly, going to a dietician is not an option due to cost and availability in my area.

Sorry for all the text and engrish. Hope It's not too bad.

Last edited:
Hey @Pimanco, sorry that your post got caught up in the spam filter for some reason. There was a lot of spam and attempted spam over the weekend so I'm just getting through all of it. Have other intestinal issues been rules out for you? Like celiac, Chrohn's, colitis, etc.? It sounds like there is a lot going on that I'm not qualified to give you advice on, but I'm just wondering what has led you to the low FODMAP diet? I know it can be very helpful for some people and there is currently some study going into it, which is a good thing. But I also know that it's a potentially very long list of foods to avoid. Is there any type of food in particular that triggers the fatigue and other symptoms? Have you kept a diary of your food intake/symptoms before?

Back