Weight-Loss DIABETIC DIET

Weight-Loss
Hi, Sarah. Going to a site like this one is a good start- Eating well
Seeing an accredited, practising nutritionist would be even better. Cheers, Cate

A diabetes diet is a healthy-eating plan that's naturally rich in nutrients and low in fat and calories. Key elements are fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
It is not fat which has to be avoided in a diabetic diet but sugars, most of your high sugar fruits are very bad for a diabetic and should only be consumes in small quantities.

I like eating in a way that means I don’t need to spend much time thinking about or managing my diabetes.

I dare say most people will do better avoided added sugars and highly proceed foods (diabetic or not), but after that take and run with your own plan on how much you restrict them.

The only real issue I have is that people newly diagnosed with diabetes should be given the option / knowledge about low carb as a valid management tool, at the beginning of their journey, rather than the eat what you want and cover it with insulin spiel.

Managing my diabetes has always been difficult since I lost my wife. She was the one who always kept me on a tight rope in terms of better nutrition and timely food. I am also trying to be more disciplined and eat only one steak per week and eat mostly vegetables. I came across
link removed this website while scrolling facebook and I have been eating this organic pills since two months and I already feel better. Although it has only herbs in it, I would want to grow a herb garden to replicate the pills that I am getting. I guess discipline, veggies and herbs are going well for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
A diabetes diet is a healthy-eating plan that's naturally rich in nutrients and low in fat and calories. Key elements are fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
100%

Back