Desperately trying to lose weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sea2009

Hi all,

I am desperately trying to shift my post baby weight but nothing seems to be working :cry:
Has anyone got any suggestions?? I keep hearing the custom keto diet being recommended. Has anyone tried it??? A few of my friends say they lost heaps of weight on it but do you just only get to eat meat, cheese and eggs?? Actually at this point if it works, it works!! Let me know if this diet has worked for you or someone you know. I think I’m ready to give it a go! :party:

Spam Link Removed

Unless someone else can recommend another diet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sea, welcome to the forum! And I am glad you have found a diet you like the looks of, I know that the keto/low carb approach has worked for a lot of people.

However you need to be warned that the link will probably be removed from your post. We have a lot of trouble with spam, and the moderators will likely suspect your post. Assuming you are not a spammer tell us more about yourself, and if you want to generally describe the diet you have in mind that would probably be best.

Good luck to you!

Ah no way!! Yeah just genuinely want to know if it has worked for anyone else and what their results were. Thanks heaps for the advice! :)

If you describe it that will happen.

The moderators usually don't let new folks put links into posts, its the spam thing. You don't sound like a spammer, so please stick with us. After you are here a while you will be allowed to post links.

If you describe it that will happen.

The moderators usually don't let new folks put links into posts, its the spam thing. You don't sound like a spammer, so please stick with us. After you are here a while you will be allowed to post links.
No probs! Thanks for the info:)

Ok so does anyone have a diet that’s easy to follow they can recommend?? I’m struggling to lose my baby weight. I have heard of the Custom Keto and I’m keen to give it a go - I just want to know has it worked for anyone else??

This diet is a marketing scam which is sold through affiliate marketing and is why it has a lot of name recognition, lots of wanna be internet marketers seeing this as just another easy money meal ticket. The "creator" does not actually exist, this is a program developed by marketers to make money. The science on the website has no real connection to the specific diet, it is all references to generic studies eg, Studies of low carb but not keto.

Almost all reviews of the program are fake, many are based on scripts provided to the marketers selling the product, and links to the product within the review will contain the marketers code so they get there payment when you buy.

From what I have seen of the diet itself, it does not look like a healthy keto diet, I am not bashing it because it is keto as I prefer to eat keto myself, but any diet that promotes "fat bombs" is not looking good from a health perspective.

For a diet to be a keto diet, you simply need to have carbs below 50 grams many people go lower with 20 grams being a common limit. where those carbs come from is up to you but a healthy keto diet will have those carbs come from vegetables counting only net carbs. That is actually a lot of veg you can eat. Protein needs vary with activity, body composition etc. fat is only there to meet nutritional needs (fat soluble vitamins), eating excess fat for the sake of it not nutritionally sound.

Trusylver knows what she is talking about. If you want to do a keto diet there is no need to pay anyone much for it, you can find lots of free guidance on the internet and then just buy and eat the appropriate foods. If its a keto diet you are interested in do a search here for threads with the word keto in the title, you will find lots of information.

I have been pretty successful just carefully counting calories and keeping them low. I try to keep my macronutients tracked and balanced, but I do not do the keto or low carb approach. I use the myfitnesspal free calorie counter, it is very helpful. In the past I have done low carb diets, with some success, but not so much as just calorie management.

In the end I believe that any diet you can stick to that keeps your calorie intake below what you are eating will work, keto or not. Exercise helps as well, but its really what you eat, how many calories, that in the end will decide how much weight you lose.

I suggest you start a diary on the weight loss diary page (https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/ ) and tell us more about yourself and your goals. That is the best way to get started and get support. Then look to the diaries of others who are active, if you have questions just ask people, most are friendly and happy to help.

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back