Dazed and confused

Hey there,

instead of introducing through the new member section, I thought i might as barge in, start a dairy and thus introduce myself in one go. Lets see, name's Rijkent (yes really), 30, Amsterdam. I think that covers the basics now doesn't it :)

Why am i here? In the end, get advice and support from others. It seems I can never get the right advice from my trainer, no matter how nice he is.

What am I at: Let's see.... 1.85m 76.6 kilo's, 20,2 % bf and not a muscle on my body. For the past two years i went on a strict diet to lose some excess flab. I managed to lose almost thirty kilo's.

Now it's time to deal with past demons once and for all and face the coming summer more secure then I've ever done before. In other words.... tone up and lose the love handles i seem to be stuck with. Be able to walk around without a t'shirt for once without feeling the need to hide. If I get a decent looking behind in the proces, oh wel that would be absolutely f'ing marvellous.

for the past two weeks i've been working the excersizes the trainer has given me. Quite happy doing them, but i feel there needs to be more than this. At the moment he's got me of developing a basic state of fitness and some slight strength. I'm still left with questions though.

The moment friends found out i started working out, I was flooded with remarks on supplements to take. I decided against it. I'm just taking my regular vitamins and omega-oils. Apparantly a good thing, or so I make out from the nutrition section.

So there, losing fat and toning up, what on earth am i to do. It seems I have to cut carbs, but where to start. Been doing atkins of and on for some time now. But as I understand that is not what is needed in this case.... So... how do I cut carbs ? How do i combine losing fat and toning up best in this start-up period?

Now I'd like to post my work out schedule for you to comment on, but infortunately I' not familiar with terminology as yet. Nonetheless, advice on cutting carbs and efficiently combine toning and fatburning would be appreciated.

Some happy news ... apparantly lost 300 grams of weight during this week....

So there we go. Week three is dawning. Eventhough it's to early to tell, I do find some changes coming over me. First of all there are the obvious things like feeling better in the morning, more energetic during the day etc.
I find myself actually looking forward to going to the gym. Thank heavens my employer had one set up in the cellar :)

Not only that, my arms and behind are starting to feel more 'tense/firm' and most amazing thing... I'm sociable :confused: I always tended to be more aloof and observing. But for some reason this seems to be changing. Ow not to forget the moodswing when I'm hungry... I get extremely grumpy when it's almost time to eat :rolleyes: My partners been suffering the consequences on many a occasion.

Oh well.. sure it will clear up in the end :)

Any way... observed machines to know what the names are of what I am doing. Only two stuck, so will post when i get names of all the excercises.
Can tell that i started additional bikkingsessions before breakfast. I'm finally making use of that excercisebike my partner gave me for christmass two years ago... yup, was a bit slow taking that hint, now wasn't i ;)

Back