Crossbow/Bowflex

And, by the way, I noticed you changed your avatar, and you banned Bobsk8? Are you going to ban me and delete my posts too because I don't agree with you on everything here?

I changed my avatar because of something going on in another forum.
Bobsk8 directly calle me an a**hole - That would get an instant ban from any mod.

I noticed you were trying to get me to swear here, was that so you could ban me? I at least play fair when I'm having a debate.

Why would I want you to swear? It would just cause more work for me to edit the post.

this thread is WAY off topic now. EVERYONE needs to get back on target and discuss the merits of a crossbow/bowflex...not whether someone was banned or why.

worry about YOU, not others ok?

Yeah man - if bowflex works for you then I'm sure it will work for others.

Out of interest, how much are the attachments? and what do they do?

It comes w/the nylon handles, black barbell bar, short rowing bar, lat bar, leg press belt and the leg extension/leg curl attatchment (everything you really need). I bought the revolving straight bars (20"& 36"), curl bar, tricep rope, V-bar and D-handles because they are the same stuff I used on the cable machines at the gym and I am partial to them. I also bought the recumbant exercise bike in the foreground for cardio. The green unit w/ the springs is an Ivanco super gripper. I use the red tie down straps to hold me to the bench when I'm doing lat pulls and for the resisted bridges. All of the cable attachments were around $150 so they didn't break the bank. I wanted to get as close a work out to the gym as was possible w/ the small space I have. So all in all I paid around $2250 including the exercise bike. The bowflex itself was $1700 and I found it at a gym supply store in GJ CO so I didn't pay shipping or, don't tell anyone, taxes (he gave me a break because I was out of state, cool huh?).
Now, since the Ultimate 2 has been out for over a year (I chose not to buy that one because it doesn't have the lower squat pullys like the Ultimate XTLU and you lose a load of exercises w/ out them), I've seen them on the net for $1300!

Last edited:
I have the crossbow or more accurately the weider max 400. I have had it for about one year. The price was around $300. It came with 240 lbs of resistance which I have upgraded to 340 lbs( I paid an extra $45 for the 100 lb bar on ebay). For most of my life I used free weights and liked them. I have also used machines from universal to nautalus. After my daughter was born 5 years ago getting to a gym was difficult. So I set up a weight bench at home. I had it all except the ability to effectivly do heavy weights and negatives safely. So I looked into the bowflex and crossbow. I found them basically similar,( note I did not say exactly the same) but for me the cost was the reason I went with the crossbow. I love it. I can do a total body workout head to toe in a relative short time. I like the ease of transition between excercises and resistance.In my routine I typically do two excercises back to back ( ex. bench and then seat row, curls and upright row etc.) The crossbow is great for this. There are limitations but no system is perfect. My only issue so far has been the fact that 340 lbs is not enough for me to leg press so I just started using one leg at a time. I really like this debate. Thanks

Here's a good unbiased review of the BF Ultimate:

For those who own one of these cable type machines, there are a lot of good ideas here.

Last edited:
Back