Sport Could someone critique my diet?

Sport Fitness
I'm going to be getting back into weightlifting. I need to lose about sixty pounds and get back into shape.

Here's what i will be eating daily...

1 banana
2 oranges
2 oz. almonds
1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
2 Slim Fasts
1 EAS Myoplex protein shake with
16 oz. skim milk
1 Centrum multi-vitamin
120 oz. water

I will drink only water. If I feel a need for a snack I will have a low fat yogurt. I plan to eat either the banana or one of the two oranges right after I wake up at around 10 - 12AM. I will then proceed to the gym for an hour to a hour and a half. Sometime shortly after my workout, I'll have the Myoplex with the skim milk. As the day progresses, I'll eat everything else, eating nothing four hours before bed.

How does this sound to everyone?

Here are the nutritional totals of this diet...

1915 calories
43 grams of fat
136 grams of protein
236 grams of carbs
2620 mg of sodium
25 grams of fiber
3.78 grams of potassium
2.751 grams of calcium

Any comments on the contents of the diet itself or the order in which I plan to eat it?

that small amount and small selection of food makes me cringe. you'll probably lose weight but you'll also lose muscle in the process.

IMO, try to consume 5-6 small meals a day every 3 hours. ditch the slim fast shakes, nothing but sugar and water.

start the day with oatmeal and some eggs.

have 2 snack meals and 2 "big" meals (lunch and dinner) of somthing like chicken and or veggies/brown rice.

then have some cottage cheese and a small serving of natural peanut butter before bed. if you go too long without eating you'll burn up vaulable muscle tissue. you want to lose bodyfat, not muscle

Back