Coopers run training

I'm 15 and trying to train for my a GCSE fitness exam, which will be coopers run. I can just about run 2.8k in 12 minutes which is the distance needed for a 10 out of 10; however, i would like to be able to do at least 3k in 12 minutes to make ensure i get a 10. I sometimes find it hard to stay motivated for training but at the moment I'm doinng 3 runs a week: a 3 mile run at 7:30 per mile, interval training doing a quarter of a mile of walking then jogging then flat out running, and a 12 minute run of below 7 minutes per mile. I was just wandering if anyone could offer me any advise to adjustments to my training that I could make or if my training is good how it is. the exam is on the 17th of April, so i have just under two months to prepare for it; any advice would be welcome, thanks.

Hello, was slightly disappointed nobody offered any advice on my thread; but, since my last thread I have slightly altered my training which has just been less running but doing the coopers run more, and so far my best is 2.9k however that was a few weeks ago and struggle going at that pace now. My exam is next month and I really want to become fitter and faster but I'm struggling to motivate myself before any run so I would love it if someone could offer some advice for motivation, and maybe a schedule to stick to which will help improve my running form and hopefully reach that illusive 3k.

Back