Cooking club

IAmGoingToTri

Hi everyone!

Cooking your own (healthy) meals is very important, but I have lost the habit of cooking long time ago (a few years even) and I want to get it back. Now I usually just get food somewhere, which can be healthy, but often it is not. This is a big factor in my weight gain. I have read posts by other people here who say they struggle with this too. So, wouldn't it be nice if we could support each other and reach our goals together? That is what I have in mind. Let's share our experiences here, and most importantly, our successes.

My strategy is like this:
1. Cooking one meal a week: the minimum
2. Cooking a second meal in a week: great!
reward: 1 euro for my cooking gear fund!
3. Cooking a third meal in a week: awesome!
reward: +2 euro for my cooking gear fund!

Cooking more then 3 times a week is probably not necessary; I am working on the other side of the country two days a week, so then I stay in a hotel and can't cook for myself, and I will probably have a lot of leftovers from the meals that I cook that I can eat on other days.

Whenever I cooked a meal, I will post what I cooked here, with pictures.

I am curious to read about your plans and the meals that you cooked!

I cooked my first meal of the week, and my 2nd this year... literally (not counting pizzas)... pasta with tomato sauce and a lot of vegetables (sorry, I did not take pictures this time). It was probably the healthiest and the best tasting meal that I ate in a loooong time! And the cooking was actually quite enjoyable, I listened to a podcast (the Milo Yiannopoulos show ;)) in the kitchen.

So, stay tuned for more of my kitchen adventures! :)

Cooking meals is the easiest way to eat healthy since it's almost impossible to eat healthy eating out. And, the easiest meals and fastest to make are salads and coincidentally some of the healthiest. And, since there are hundreds of options, you don't have to get bored. I try to have a salad for lunch every day (throw in chicken, bacon bits, egg, ground beef to get the some good protein)

Back