Sport COFFEE GOOD or BAD?

Sport Fitness
I am curious whether or not coffee is playing a positive or negative role in my life with health and fitness. I've been drinking one cup of black coffee every day for years. I've heard the positive argument for coffee such as the antioxidants and possibly helping against disease. I also have heard the negative arguments about its affects on your so called Adrenal Health and Circadian Rhythms, although I work shift work (constantly switching from nights to days and weekends to weekdays) so I am not sure if coffee can be a negative impact on those parts of my health? I appreciate any good feedback?

I think there are definitely better/healthier options out there than coffee. I prefer drinking matcha tea or adding the powder to smoothies. It's extremely high in antioxidants (higher than coffee) along with a number of other health benefits, and I like the energy boost that it gives me more than coffee's. Matcha has a prolonged energy boost that lasts a lot longer than coffee's for me and it doesn't make me jittery like coffee can. Matcha contains caffeine also but I've read it is a different form of caffeine which is why it gives a different feeling compared to coffee. For your night shifts though you might need the bigger jolt of energy that coffee gives you compared to matcha's more subtle boost. Coffee is definitely better for you than energy drinks but if you're looking for a healthier alternative I'd try out matcha

I read so many researches about this topic. I understand one thing, that you should drink not too much. Sometimes drinking coffee is good, but sometimes it can have bad effects on your health. Now I'm drinking one cup of coffee a day and one protein shake because I'm a sporty person. That shake contains nutrients that help me to stay healthy!

If you take a cup coffee in the morning it will not be good for your health and fitness. So obviously there are so much benefits of one coffee but keep in mind, afternoon is the best time for taking a coffee. Thanks

If you take a cup coffee in the morning it will not be good for your health and fitness. So obviously there are so much benefits of one coffee but keep in mind, afternoon is the best time for taking a coffee. Thanks

Some people might be able to have coffee in the afternoon, but for many people, the caffeine could affect their sleep. For obvious reasons, this could affect quality of sleep and overall health.

The benefit that I referred to above was that having coffee in the morning, rather than the afternoon, could be preferrable for some people so that the caffeine doesn't affect sleep.

There are no particularly magical benefits for drinking coffee. That being said, some studies have found that there is a slightly lowered risk of a handful of conditions in moderate coffee drinkers. The effect is small, so there is no recommendation that everyone should start drinking coffee and the source of the benefits is unknown.

Here is a link to a good review of the current information on coffee:

The latest scoop on the health benefits of coffee - Harvard Health Blog

Yep, I seen this review that you provided. If i describe in one word, then I'll say, it was amazing content. I got much more suggestion, tips and tricks and lots of thing :). Thanks a lot to you fro proving this response. And I'm waiting your next great response ;). Advance thanks.

Back