Cleveland Clinic Bariatric surgery advertisments banner?

Monster2

I understand the need for revenue, but I gotta say.... WHAT ... WHAT... WHAT????? is up with that?????????????????
I mean, it's sort of just bad taste, isn't it?

I have adblock installed, so I don't see any banners or ads. That said, we talked about this before, and it seems that even the admin has no influence on what kind of ads are being shown on the page, unfortunately. :/

I have an adblocker too. If the adverts are irritating - I suggest that other people do the same.

My apologies for bringing up an old subject. And Omega, they don't bother me, but I question what the overall perception of the site would be when viewed by new members for the first time.

I have to agree that it is tacky to say the least...

If the admin has no control of the content of the adverts there seems nothing that can be done - because adverts are a fact of life with forums...

Computer equipment, not to mention software, running costs and expertise to keep things running smoothly all costs money... This money has to come from somewhere... It always seems to end up that it boils down to users like us having to either pay a fee for access to the forum or there being some form of advertising...

I think that a lot of people would miss out if there was a fee instead of advertising...

My apologies for bringing up an old subject. And Omega, they don't bother me, but I question what the overall perception of the site would be when viewed by new members for the first time.

No apologies needed at all - you have no idea of knowing what's been talked about and what hasn't. And I agree with the 'first impression' thing - there used to be ads for diet pills a while back, which I thought were really not supposed to be there. Unfortunately we were pretty much outright told that the admin has no control over the ad content, that it comes from higher up, and that they have no intention of changing anything.

As Omega said, the money has to come from somewhere, but I sure wish they would be a little more selective with their ads.

Back