Choosing an Elliptical Trainer for my Apartment

Hey guys, I recently found a few weeks ago that I have hypertension. I have been jogging 40 minutes everyday the past two weeks or so to bring it down but my knees are hurting a bit more each day. I found out that Elliptical Trainers are low impact and just as good if not better than treadmills.

Now, my situation is that I live on a 2nd floor apartment complex and need to work out everyday, sometimes vigorously. I need a machine that can take a beating but won't take up so much space. The price tag does matter but i'm willing to sacrifice for my health. I need something quiet, durable, reliable, not wobbly, and can take a beating for years to come.

What do you guys suggest?

I've been looking at some machine online under $1000 but I dont know if they'll keep up with me or even last a while. One of the machines I found was a "Schwinn 430". I'm not even sure if this is a durable machine though since I see people saying on amazon.com that they hear squeaking and what not from it.

Please help.

The ellipticals at my gym are sweet! They are durable and quiet, but they each probably cost thousands of dollars. But who knows, maybe they less expensive than I think they are. Next time I'm at the gym, I'll ask.

I love ellipticals for the same reasons you mention, but they are much more challenging than a treadmill when it comes to keeping your heart-rate regulated, which is something I need to do at this point. So I just use the elliptical now for my 15 minute warmup, and then use the treadmill for my main source of cardio workout.

Jason Salamone

A wonderful Elliptical that I just bought

SX Series Ellipticals

For 2009, True fitness continues forward with their center drive elliptical I have been preaching for the past couple years that this technology is future of elliptical machines. Like some other manufactures that you will find in the industry, True has gone with the option to put the "guts" of the machine off to the sides rather than to the front or back. The idea behind this concept is to keep the users in a more upright and balanced natural position. On competitors models, if the flywheel or "guts" are to the front or back of the machine, users may feel their body pitched in a certain direction.
:action11:
There is a wonderful selection at Syracuse Fitness Store located 2544 Erie Blvd. East Syracuse, NY 13224

Back