Can't loose weight at any cost... What about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imAshley

I've been struggling with extra fat tissue since I can recall... I used a lot of diets, cures, medicines, vitamins, supplements etc. and none of them seemed to work. I don't know if it's a problem with my metabolism or any other cause that I haven't been told yet. Exercises seemed to work for a while but as I read more and more I eventually came to conclusion that it might have been only water weight... In fact I was sweating heavily, though.

I weight over 220 pounds and the best I had achived is losing 20 pounds but then I hit the wall. I can't go any farther with the weight. Maybe I need something new to be added to my diet and lifestyle. So here's my question... I've read a lot and finally found something that, I think, could help me.

Does anybody know something about this so called "Red Tea"? I'm really desperate right now and I might check any possibility out there. I read this Spam Link Removed article and it seems good to me. Heck... Anything looks good to me at this moment.

Can anybody put help me out with this? I think I'm gonna give it a try and check if it works or no...

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Ashley.Regarding red tea. Is it the rooibos tea? If so it may be helpful in weight loss. It has aspalathin, which may reduce glucocorticoids like cortisol. (The influence of Aspalathus linearis (Rooibos) and dihydrochalcones on adrenal steroidogenesis: Quantification of steroid intermediates and end products in H295R cells)when cortisol is elevated for a long time it makes it harder for glucose to be absorbed into the cell, so excess glucose is stored as fat. But reducing stress will probably work beter. I hope that helps. Wishing you to be sucessful in your weight loss journey no matter, what diet/ program you choose.
P.S. I know it is a bit obvious, but did you test T3, T4 and TSH. I am asking because It took my GP way too long to figure that I had a thyroid problem. Until then I have had problems similar to the ones you describe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back