Sport Calories HELP NEEDED

Sport Fitness
Hi all,

I have been doing pretty strict training and nutrition properly for the last 6 weeks.
I have tried calculating my caloric needs online using various tools and they have been vastly different amounts. I am just wondering could someone help me with what there opinion on these results are.

Firstly I am 50.8 kg
I am 21, female, and I am 5ft 1 inches.
I am unsure of my Body fat % as my gyms machine is broke at the moment but I have very little fat left since starting, my main area would be my lower tummy (about an inch of fat can be grabbed)
I have attached some pictures taken today to give you all an idea of body fat.

Some of the caloric tools have given me numbers like 2,050 calories, 2,800 and 2500.. quite a high difference and I have read all the stickies btw I just feel I can get an accurate number for my actual goals because I find it hard to distinguish whether I am active or very active.
I train in the gym 4 times a week doing 10-12 minutes of H.I.I.T cardio and then around 50-75 minutes of strength and resistance training and ab exercises (some weighted and some not) .. I then do 1 day outside of the gym of 20 minute abs and a 20 minute H.I.I.T workout.
As I don't have a car I usually walk for an estimated of 50 minutes per day and then as I am in college I only work 3 days a week, but I am a house keeping/ accommodation supervisor so the job is usually 8 hours on my feet and cleaning rooms.

Usually there is one day per week of minimal exercise so only about 30 mins of walking.

Knowing this info would you think I am active or very active? like what would I calculate my EAT using? 1.5 or 1.7 or ?

As I have been trying to lose the extra pounds to get to where I am now (Pictures), I have been on a bit of a muddled diet and I want to try get it on par now, I have been doing a 1250-1400 calorie diet but sometimes when it comes to the end of the week I lack energy, So I am pretty sure I should be upping my calories I just don't want to up them to the stage of gaining weight which could be very easily done. I should add I do have a cheat day once every 6 days which includes chocolate, jellies, popcorn and ice cream (my 3 meals are never usually cheated on this day)

MY GOAL right now after looking at the pictures would be to continue to grow muscle, I find my arms, legs and glutes are coming along great, my lower abs aren't really coming along so I guess I may need to lose a bit more off the lower area? I suppose a good idea of my goal would be to show a picture of what I would like to see my body to look like so I will attach a picture for this. I don't necessarily want to lose anymore weight around the rest of my body and I understand you can't 'pick' where you lose fat, as I have lost quite a bit of boob and butt fat as it is.

Mainly I would just like someone to help me calculate my calories knowing my goal and as I find it hard to do so because I'm getting many different numbers from different sites and the fact that I have been eating quite low calories so I don't want to jump too high because I will end up putting on weight too fast.

Wow that was a mouthful, thank you in advance, and no nasty comments please I have read the stickies but I think 2000 will put weight on too fast, especially when trying to tone my lower tummy still.

(regarding the goal picture I just put it up as i don't want a full on 6 pack just a nice amount of muscle)

Attachments

• Progress Pic.jpg
    Progress Pic.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 151
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 132
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 110
  • GOAL.jpg
    GOAL.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 327
As an Exercise Physiologist I would recommend staying away from the conventional formulas often employed to calculate average energy expenditure or "caloric needs." First off, the model of balancing caloric intake versus caloric expenditure is erroneous, the unit of measure for potential kinetic work (calorie) does not translate into physical tissue. Therefore, in order for you to properly and healthfully lose any "excess" adipose tissue instead of forcing that loss, you would need to employ a nutrition program which has been individualized for your unique metabolic type, biotype, and constitutional type (a Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor can help you put one together). This type of nutrition program is necessary to ensure that your body is able to return to a state of equilibrium rather than be continually taken away from that state. If you would still like to receive an accurate assessment of your resting energy expenditure your best bet would be to go to a local university's exercise science program and have them conduct such a test (most universities offer this for around $30). This test would give you an accurate number for how much energy you typically expend at rest but keep in mind that the caloric intake/caloric expenditure seesaw does not directly translate into weight gain or weight loss, that is determined by your body's aggregate state of health and homeostasis. I hope this helped.

Back