Calorie deficit confusion, weight loss plateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juzidd

Hey so i've been trying to lose weight for the past 7 months. I went from 60kg to 47kg but i still have some
belly fat left. Now the thing about the calorie deficit, I eat around 1000-1100 calories a day. When i do a 'calorie calculator' thing it says i should eat more:

I've tried different calculators and they all range from about 1700-1800 (Most of them 1700, (Maintenance calories))

Now assume that im going with the 1700 calories, my deficit would be around 1200. As i said before i eat around 1000-1100 calories but i also exercise and do cardio, strength training next to it. (For example, today i ate 1100 calories, but I also burned around 500.) Would this mean i am at a 1000 calorie deficit so i should eat more?

Now for the weight loss plateau part: I've been trying to lose my last bit of fat (Most of it is on my stomach) for this past month, but the past 2,5 weeks i haven't really been seeing any results. (Although i did go from around 47,5/48kg to 47kg, but that might be because i took a 2 week break from strength training, i did still do cardio) Is my calorie deficit too high? Should i eat more?

I know this was quite a large text but i'm pretty confused right now.

there is not enough info here,

https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/information-needed-when-asking-for-help.89399/

in addition to looking at the link above, how strict are you tracking your nutrition ?

I would worry about macros more. Most calories are bs on packages. Say if you eat 1000 cals then 60 g protien 60 g carbs and 10 fat thats a total of 1560 cals. Whats your weight higth age sex ?

I would worry about macros more. Most calories are bs on packages. Say if you eat 1000 cals then 60 g protien 60 g carbs and 10 fat thats a total of 1560 cals. Whats your weight higth age sex ?
Calories listed on packaging is correct, you however do not then ad the calorie values for macro nutrient to that calorie total. However what can confuse some people with nutritional labels is if a nutrient makes up less than 1% of a serve of a product it can be listed as 0% but the calories from that unlisted nutrient will still be included in the total calorie count.

Straight up concentrate on consuming as many vegetables as you can to fill yourself up. They are good for you and speed up your metabolism. Humans were designed to eat them, thats part of the reason ur teeth are like horse teeth at the front and we have nut crackers at the back. There a tonnes of studies that show vegan diets with exercise are a great way to lose weight. Most greens have little to no calories in them.

I would say calorie intake is too low. Add in some nutritious calories with metabolism boosting properties. Sometimes when we give our bodies more fuel they burn harder.

I know it’s hard, but try to lacks off your diet a bit. I read that below 1200 calories you can cause metabolic issues. So if you do it don’t stay there forever. Try a week at higher calories say 1700 intake then a week lower day 1200. Got over a few plateaus that way. I had a nutritionist hint me onto that trick she said it kept the body guessing.

how tall are you? 47 kg is a very low weight ... unless your height is 150cm ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back