cab's journal

I am an almost 50 yr old woman, who was in great shape about 7 years ago, and let her eating and exercise go. Have regained 55# and gotten totally out of control, until recently, then began back with cardio and weight training videos and running and walking. Also some Tae Bo, and whatever else I can fit in. Cleaning up my eating with fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and lofat dairy,nuts,seeds, and soy shakes (sugar free);) . Cutting out white things (white bread, too many potatoes, etc) and drinking WAY more H2O.

Soo- today did Cathe Friedrich's Bootcamp tape at 5 am :)eek: ) and will garden and walk dog later.

Breakfast--soy shake, apple, and handful of cashews. 2 HUGE glasses of H20.

Hoping to get this weight off and get slim again by Christmas or so.:cool:

HI there,

you are off to a good start...bootcamp at 5AM...wow - good for you!!!
Your eating sounds very good as well...keep up the good work:)

Thanks Lisa! Today was a run with my dog. We did it partly in the rain, but it felt good.

Diet needs tweaking. With son home from college and younger son here for the summer too, there is entirely too much JUNK and processed food in this house! :rolleyes:

Of, course, I don't HAVE to eat it........;)

Tomorrow doing Cathe's UB pyramid.

hi there,

how's it going....can you resist the junk in the house? Maybe your sons can also get used to healthy snacks?
Running with your dog is a good way to keep in shape and I am sure that the dog appreciates it too:).

Well. I am down 7-1/2 # since starting. Did Cathe's Bootcamp workout today, and felt it. Yesterday, ran about 2 miles and did Pyramid upper body weight lifting tape (Cathe).

Am resisting the junk, Lisa,. Actually, I finally got it out of the house. Son #2 is the only one here anymore and he wants to clean up his eating too, so we are all eating better. Thanks for checking back with me!!

Have been getting up each am , too, and doing a walk for about 20 minutes because then I can get hubby up there on his bike. Whew!

Day off from exercise today! Yay!!

Yesterday, I did Cathe's Muscle Endurance. And a 20 minute walk with hubby and dog.

Aiming at eating 1500 cals approx. (without getting TOO into counting cals) of CLEAN food (fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains, nuts occasionally, and LOTS of water) a day. Trying to spread it out into 6 small meals a day, at 250 cals per meal.

Being hypoglycemic, it helps me to keep from haing a fuzzy brain and get shaky if I eat small amts all day. Including a protein at each meal, and a small amt of usually fruit, veggie.

Clothes are getting looser!!!

Wohoo - Congratulations. That's what we want, right. And I think it's great that the son at home and your hubby are participating as well. Makes it so much easier.

HI there,

how are your plans coming along - are you still on track? Are hubby and son still on board?? I am slacking a little in the food department, but I am working on a change:)

Back