butt toning

Ive always been very small but with some extra weight in the back which I actually like. The only problem is that my butt is not toned at all. I want to get it tight WITHOUT making it smaller.

Ive read a few excercises I could do but Im afraid that the goal of those excercises is to take inches off which I definitely do not want to do.

Any suggestions for tightening without losing size?

agreed. Squating. And lunges.

Speed squats, weighted lunges, heavy deadlifts, stiff legged deadlifts, steep inclined treadmill interval running, plyometic training, squat jumping jacks, yoga.

exercises won't take anything off your butt, you can't spot reduce, meaning if you work your butt, fat won't come off the butt. If you work out and are in a calorie deflict (required to lose weight) the fat will come off from the whole body regardless of what parts of exercise. I second the others, lunges (I specially like reverse lunges for the glutes) ATG squats, deadlifts, etc.

Karky is right, you cant control where fat comes off first. That is encoded within your own biology and nothing can change that. Some people loose it last in the butt, others in the hips, others in the tummy area, etc etc... Combined with weight loss techniques, all of the exercises mentioned will indeed tone your butt so that when the worthless fat sheds, your butt will look lean and mean. Right now the lean and mean is covered in goo.

Going to gym and using as big weights as possible. Sets of 8-10 repetitions, and remember to work your butt all-around. Do cable kickbacks, lower back extension with weights etc. but try to use always the max weight with which you can do the full 8-10reps x 3 sets. Your butt muscles get more stimulation when you do short sets with big weights and this grows your butt muscles.

Parallell squats, heavy weight (only with really good form though), concentrate on contracting/squeezing with your glutes as you come up.

I always kind of liked the stairmaster with the same thought process. Focus on feeling your glutes contracting as you push down on the pedals.

Just my thoughts. No, you can't spot reduce, but you can create nice, shapely butt muscles that should give you the shape you want.

just make sure you do them correctly.

WHATTHA!!! Look what the cat dragged in! nice! cool to see you NaeNae.

To the OP, since every body else whimped out, I really must tell you:

For us to give proper advice and keep you health in mind, we must have pictures!

:jump1:
FF

I really should work now.

Glute ham raises and hyperextensions are also excellent for shaping...but the gentlement are right, you can't spot reduce and you toning is kind of a myth.

Karky is right, you cant control where fat comes off first. That is encoded within your own biology and nothing can change that. Some people loose it last in the butt, others in the hips, others in the tummy area, etc etc... Combined with weight loss techniques, all of the exercises mentioned will indeed tone your butt so that when the worthless fat sheds, your butt will look lean and mean. Right now the lean and mean is covered in goo.

Is this true, that you can't target your fats area?

For my butt, since I have no stair-master I use... my stairs :D Really though its the same idea, just go up and down the stairs (careful on the down) a few times. I also do those mule-kick things with and without a weighted ball held between by calf and hamstring and of course, as mentioned, squats and lunges. I have a big Puerto-Rican booty and none of this has made it at all smaller, but its started to give it a nice lift.

I started doing lunges around a track in my neighborhood. But instead of my back leg bending, I would keep it straight and lunge a little farther, get a little lower, and when I would take my step forward, I would make sure I got into a tip-toe position for a second or two before lunging to my other leg. It's work out my calves as well.

Today, my glutes are SORE SORE SORE...not so much my quads. Actually, my quads aren't sore at all. However, during the exercise, my legs felt jello-y and my quads were on FIRE. I was only able to get about 1/4 of the way around the track doing lunges this way before I turned around, and I cycle fairly frequently.

Dear OP,

A present for you :)

- This should help. It's helped me a lot!

Back