Sport Burp(ee) Challenge

Sport Fitness
I stole this challenge from another site:

The Burpee Challenge

Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands raised over your head. Now squat down and place your palms on the floor by your feet.
Kick both of your legs back so that you're now in position to do a pushup.
Bend your elbows and lower your body until it's about one inch off of the floor.
Now push yourself back up and at the end of the pushup quickly pull both knees into your chest while keeping your hands on the floor. You're basically jumping back into the squat position found in the first step.
Stand straight up jumping 3-4 inches by straightening your legs and throwing your hands in the air over your head. You're now in the position that you started in, repeat as needed.
This is one rep. Now, the burpees challenge is about doing a series of descending sets of those. So If you first do 20, then you have to do 19, then 18, down to 0. Now, this might seem easy enough but there are time frame limits to respect.

The Rules :

The total time allowed is 30 minutes. You cannot remove any motion part of the movement or else reps won't count.

Level one : 20 descending sets in 30 minutes or less. You are now a man.

When you reach down to 20:00 or less, you can try the test for level two.

Level two : 25 descending sets in 30 minutes or less. People think twice before messing with you.

When you reach down to 25:00 or less, you can try the test fort level three.

Level three : Being able to perform 30 descending sets walking across the room as a break. You are bona fide stud and nobody's going to mess with you.

This doesnt have an end date. Its on-going as one can continue to improve and post times.

I used to do these f**kers in rugby training and they can get quite tough.

And in my current UNFIT state ill be very lucky to manage level 1. But then again i may suprise myself!

Id do them now but i will make tooo much noise upstairs :)

Im defo up for this challenge tho ;)

Where the f**k is everyone else with this challenge?

I would of done it today but i got a clinic appointment. Getting the manhood checked out :D

I really can't turn down a challenge so I shall have to give this a try at some point. Count me in and I will give you a tiem as soon as possible.

Where the f**k is everyone else with this challenge?

I would of done it today but i got a clinic appointment. Getting the manhood checked out :D

hahahahaha seems to me this challenge has already verified your manhood.:11doh:

but hey- how would I know... hahahahaha yer the easiest target on the board...besides me no doubt.

Just saw this, never done one of these, I will try it today and report back.

Sweat Daily
FF

OK-- this is a major challenge!!

I started- I figured I would just go for the mid-range one at 25. By the time I evfen got down to 20 it was VERY apparent to me, this is serious business. It will require me to max my body, and tap into my "mental bend" to even get close.

I can not participate in this until after my event. :eek: yes- this is too big of a challenge for me and I know it :SaiyanSmilie_anim: you bastahd!! :mad: It is too big, too much risk for shoulders and hips, and I have a televised M-Dot Ironman event in 9 days.

BUT- I will attempt this and see what I am made of afterwards..

I did he math-
with 20 as a start it is 251 burpee
with 25 as a start it is 307 burpee
with 30 as a start it is 465 burpee

hahahahahaha And how many people did the 250 pushups alone? hahahahaha

this is a killer! I love it Tony! you da man!

humbled
FF

Wow, FF

I never worked out the math. Sounds scary. I was going to try it tomorrow. Theres noway im going to get through it tho with my current fitness levels.

First attempt on Saturday, got disrupted! Was pissed off!

Few of the lads came down to mine with alcohol etc lol, and id only just started...i think i got to 23 on the challenge. I didnt wanna carry on because id of looked a fool.

Basically i will see if i can do it sometime this week. I can see its going to be soooooo hard work!

And, yes i am full of self doubt, dont know why! Always think the worst!

Ok last night I was the biggest dork! I was showing my fiance all my boxing and kickboxing moves in the living room. :boxing_smiley:I was explaining/showing him all the combos and excercises we do in class and then I rememberd the Burpee Challenge!!

Ok I have to be be honest I didnt give it my best shot so I got up to two sets then he had finished making dinner so I gave up.. But tonight at the gym I am going to actually set my mind to it...

Last edited:
TOM!! Big TOM! It is time.....

do you want to do this at the same time, or what?

and Miss Katt and anybody else. And, Tony can you do it?

How about tomorrow, Sunday afternoon?

FF

I'm definitely in for tomorrow. I was going to do some HIIT, but I have a feeling this will be all that HIIT is and more...

awesome amp. I just seen this. Im in for tomorrow.

Back