Broken foot/sprain.. need a workout

Hey everyone.. to give you some background I'm an 18 year old female, very in shape (I love to work out and I am a ballet dancer). About three weeks ago I had a third degree ankle sprain and broke my foot at the same time.. needless to say I'm not allowed to run, walking only when needed, and I definitely cannot dance. I've still been doing crunches and pushups and such but I really miss running. Is there anything I can do to get my heartrate up and get more of a cardiovascular workout without being on my foot? Thanks so much!

Sorry to hear about your foot. What type of things to you have access to? You can definately set up an upper body/abdominal circuit and run through it w/ minimal rest between exercises to get your heart rate up ( 30second intervals with 30 seconds rest). For example, a push followed by a pull then some abs and keep going in this fashion. I know some gyms also have upper body cardio equipement, for example the Cybex UBE. This is not the most exciting piece of equipement, but it will give you a decent CV workout. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back