Boston Pizza?

wimic

I had a bit of a slobbish weekend all around. I went out to Boston Pizza with a few freinds yesterday and I searched the menu for something that was relatively healthy. I decided to go with the ciabatta chicken sandwich. When I got home I tried to tally up my calories to log them and here's what I included:

Sandwich:(no mayo or cheese)
1 small GRILLED chicken breast
slice of lettuce
2 slices of tomatoes
Ciabatta Triangle Roll

Side: (Garden Salad)
1 cup iceberg lettuce
1/4 tomatoe
1/2 carrot
1 tsp of calorie wise italian dressing

After tallying up the different components of my lunch I didn't think it looked that bad. I then looked on BP's website and it says that the meal I had contains 900 calories and 54g of fat! Whaaat?? Unless the ciabatta bread is TERRIBLE, I don't see how I ate that much fat! Anyone have any insight??

on bp's website - did the meal include fries with it?

ciabatta and focaccia breads generally have olive oil as an ingredient... so it's possible that the calorie/fat count is that high...

they did have an option on there with fries but that had like 10-15g of fat more. i don't see how a plate of fries can have only 10-15g of fat more than a garden salad with a SMALL amount of dressing.

how discouraging!

It is very true, I just wrote up an article on how to really eat out healthy. Take a look if you so desire.

Back