BMI 30+

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowducky

Soo is there anyone here over 30+ BMI? I need to get down 18.5BMI and I was wondering was how did you become such a large weight? were you ever skinny? Just thought ID add this thread to the bigger peeps :p

I am way over 30, just looked it up and I am at about 46, was probably 56 at my peak weight a few years ago. I don't follow BMI much, just my weight. Someday if I start to get close to my goal weight (not yet well defined) I will probably start watching it. I don't need a calculator to tell me I am really fat.

I was wondering was how did you become such a large weight?
It was pretty easy, I just followed my instincts and ate as much as I could get my hands on. No need for planning or food tracking.

were you ever skinny?
No, not really I have been this way all my life, I am fat in all my baby pictures. My mother told me that on her first visit to a doctor after I was born he told her that I needed to lose weight. I am 66, and a couple of times in life I successfully dieted and lost enough weight, to get into the not or not much overweight category, but never skinny. Those times did not last long, I could never keep it up, and just went back to eating. So I would say that out of my 66 years I have probably been overweight at least 65 of them.

This is the source of my concern over my food cravings. Right now I am managing them, but they never completely go away. The one thing that seems to be different this time is that based on the good advice of folks here my diet includes a lot of fruits and vegetables. In the past I lost weight by just not eating much. The difference is that I don't very often feel hungry and when I do I eat an orange or something. And when I get real hungry before a meal I make sure and eat a big salad or a lot of veggies, it helps. My cravings though would prefer cake........

Yellowducky, can I ask why you are aiming for a BMI of 18.5? For most people that would be considered underweight. BMI definitely isn't the whole picture, so it can be less accurate for some people, but I am curious as to how you chose that goal?

Yellowducky, can I ask why you are aiming for a BMI of 18.5? For most people that would be considered underweight. BMI definitely isn't the whole picture, so it can be less accurate for some people, but I am curious as to how you chose that goal?

Well I was always skinny :D My parents were never too hard on me,I spend most of my days outside playing. My mom was always thin and use to drink black coffee and have diet pills .I use to grab some diet pills and take them before my mom knew.She use to make homemade soup @ lunch.When I left home I lost alot of weight without my parents being there for me. I went down to a size 4 in no time and drink alot of alcohol. Now Im back to 14stone and want to loose some weight down back into a size 4-6.

I have never been skinny. I was off most BMI charts. I found a calculator online and looks like I was 66.3 a year ago. Right now I'm 49.5.

I do not have a magic number or size I want to get to.

Accept your body, and don't think to be skinny. Just think to be healthy and the right weight will come.
The mental power is the strongest. If you have never been a skinny person it isn't a problem. People dont need to be skiny to be beautiful. More positive thoughts, right nutrition tips, no stress, no force to be skinny and everything will be good! I can be your motivation :)

I'm kinda drunk so sorry if I say anything weird. I'm over 30 bmi. Like at 30. iv'be been this way for 2 years. I become this way cos I stopped intensive sports (I used to be size 0 at 16) and started eating like 5000 cal a day. I went in a year from 60 kg to 85 kg. A month ago I was at 100 kg (my worst weight) cos of that. I have the same goal as you pretty much. 16 BMI is my goal kinda.

.... 16 BMI is my goal kinda.
the reason BMI charts start at ~19 is that numbers below that would make anyone dangerously underweight. on good days at 165lbs i'm at a BMI of 23. for me to get to a BMI of 19, i'd have to lose ~30lbs, ... 20% of my body weight. that's pretty crazy... and that's BMI=19.

@Nelly so what is your plan for next steps to achieve your goal? :)

I'm going to try to alternate between 500 and 1200 cal (like one day: 800 , next day 1000) and continue intermittent 24h fasting at least twice a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back