bloating after exercise

halu all i am new here. Love all the tips and info!!! just wondering why i feel a little bloated straight after my exercise at home which includes
20 minutes treadmill +
10 minutes cross train/elliptical +
10 minutes warm up and stretch +
5 abs

i started 3 weeks ago and i do this 4-5 times a week. I train after 2 hours of breakfast. Although the happy hormones are great after the workout i do feel a little bloated on the stomach straight after and don't feel as if I'd fit in my jeans after the shower... although I feel strong and energised... ?

please explaaaaiiiin.... :confused:

Do you drink a lot of water before your workout? That might contribute to feeling bloated. If that's not the case, try doing the workout before breakfast.

yes, i do drink at least 2 glasses of water before the workout and throughout as well in little sips. is this not right? I thought you should replenish your body with water especially before the exercise.

Started doing the workout before breakfast for a few days now...
But for some reason I feel more energised if I do it After eating than Before eating. I feel more tired later if exercised before breakfast. And I do get enough sleep, at least 8 hrs... so what am i doing wrong?

Reply:Bloating After Exercise

I have heard that the bloating is caused by the release of toxins. If you're sweating a lot during your work out then your body is getting rid of as many toxins as it can. I'm not sure if this release truly is what is causing the bloating(which I experience as well) it's just what I've heard and it seems to make sense.

It could be one of several things. What do you have for breakfast? 2 hours, things are still being broken down in the stomach. Water can also stimulate digestive discomfort while exercising. I think its better to hydrate as you exercise and further replenish after the workout. One more thing that might factor is (if its ok to ask :O ), how is your bowel movements. Going before might make the difference.

Back