Weight-Loss Big Buck Challenge...Spring time?

Weight-Loss

Korrie

Hi everyone...just wanted your 2 cents on this matter.

I'm thinking about having a challenge, closer to springtime....it will be for the big bucks, lol. My plan is to have a 5 wk challenge. The one single person that looses the most weight, wins...not the group. We can all put aside $1 a wk for the 5 wks....$5 total, and everyone can either send the cash, or buy like a gift card to walmart or something..and the winning person can buy some new clothes :) $5 isn't much to any of us, but if we can get alot of people in on it, it can add up to alot of cash for the winner.

What do you think??

I think this might be a good idea, but I am not sure if people would really do it. The challenge before the last one, I only got 3 postcards when we were the group with the most weight loss (team 4). If people can't even make an effort to send postcards or e-cards or something, I don't know how many would actually send the money.

I know, I understand how you feel.I only got 1 card on the last challenge (for biggest looser) I think we just really need to stress to anyone joining, that the $5 donation, or whatever, is essential, dont' sign up if you can do it.

I tried several times to send that e-card to you. I'm not sure if you ever got it though? I don't know what was going on. It has always worked before. Maybe I didn't send it to the right email? :confused:

well, i would be willing to join in on the challenge. springtime is a GREAT time for a challenge, as it's right around the corner from *gasp* bathing suit season. plus everyone is shedding their winter layers and showing some skin again. . . . .so i would absolutely be willing to join in on the challenge.

I have no problem sending the 5.00 ... my ? is how do we know if who ever wins is being truthful or not! Which if they aren't I have no problem with that because they are the one that has to live with it!! I dunno! But it is a good idea and it would give you alot of motivation too!!

Yea, it would probably be the hottest challenge yet!

As far as the truthfulness is concerned, there really is nothing we can do about it, not that I know of. Alot of us have been here for a while and I feel very close to you all...I'd hope that we can just trust each other! I could in no way live w/ myself if I lied and took everyone's money, you know? I just hope everyone else feels the same way.

Maybe, and this is a BIG maybe, when the time comes to sign up, MAYBE we shouldn't let anyone w/ a low post amt join?? My reasoning is that, I'd hate for someone who happend to see this, decide to get in on the action. ITs easier for someone who hasnt' been w/ us to lie about the weight loss.

I'm game to join this one too!

Back