Best supplements.

Could anyone tell me what are the best supplements to use for fat burning and how to use them? I am exercising at home, and following a balanced diet. Need some guidance!

*See my reply on the At Home section*

But the short of it is that we need more info about you - and that I don't like the "fat burning" supplements. They didn't do squat, jack for me.

Actually, I do have one suggestion. This isn't something that I have tried yet, but I might just give it a shot later. I was listening to the Dr. Dean Edell show on the radio this weekend and he mentioned a recently done study that showed that drinking a cup of coffee prior to working out will allow you to burn fat as energy instead of burning carbs as energy - and will allow you to work out as much as 1/3 longer than without. I forget what his source was, but this might be something to try. I don't know if it will work, but it sure couldn't hurt (just make sure you drink extra water because caffine will dry you out).

If you do try it, come on back and let us know what you think of it!

Thanks very much for your replies to my post. Kalrog, I have consulted about the coffee-prior-to-workout thing with a friend whom is a spinning trainer and said that indeed it is something very common to do by bodybuilders and anyone that works out seriously.So, I started drinking some coffee before going out jogging and I certainly noticed a difference as far as endurance. I also noticed I lost 1kg(2,2lbs aprox) from one day to the other.I'll keep the good work and see if that is really the answer to my prayers!

KINSEY, I am in Europe and unfortunately I don't know if I could have access to the Herbalife products here. Could you give me some insight about this?

I wouldn't worry too much about weight loss from one day to the next. That is mostly water weight. The thing you want to look at is the trend after you have done it for a week or 2 (or 10) and make sure you are heading in the right direction. The other thing that you probably want to check out is your body fat % as that is what the coffee is supposed to help with. My scale has a BF% monitor on it, and while I know that it isn't very precise I am sure that it is good enough to spot trends. If you don't have that option, take pictures and measurements of your body. Just so you know that you aren't just loosing muscle when you are losing weight.

Good luck!

Ok, thanks for the information, Kalrog. I will take the measurements and stuff tomorrow morning and we shall see what happens.

Caffeine has bjust been removed from the list of banned substances by the IOC (International Olympic Committee).
I have seen quite a few conflicting tests conducted with athletes to determine whether or not caffeine enhances performance or not. It has long been regarded as a 'performance enhancer' by the IOC, but then again, so has marijuana.
If anyone has more info about coffee/caffeine and the effects it has on fat burning/energy/other supplements, please add to this thread.

Chris

look im gonna be blunt with u if u really wanna lose weight and r looking for a supplement to help u out id take stacker 2 its had great results and its a top seller and its nto nearly as expensive as some of the others

Fat burning supplements

Hello to you Canella,

I hope I spelled that right. There is a company that makes all nine substances for the authorized intake for Olympic athletes. This comany also has a product called TRA - If you are interested, my contact info can be found where you see "contact me."

"GOD'S BLESSINGS IN HEALTH & SUCCESS"

About the caffine thing, almost ALL of the popular suppliments contain Caffine. I couldn't take Zantrex cause it had so much in it, it killed me!

the best way to lose fat is diet and exercise, not suppleents.

Its the caffeine int he coffee which is a thermogenic agent (helps burn fat), it is also a stimulant, hence the endurance aspect. But I wouldnt even bother with that. WHy take long term drugs when the same can be acheived (maybe slower) naturally.

I never drink coffee anyway.

for those inetrested, there are some other natural thermogenic agents like caffeine that can all combine to produce stronger results when taken together - these include Guarana, Suma and green tea. a herb called Coleus Forskolin is also said to act as a catalyst to these reactions.

combining these seperately will probably be cheaper than buying an off the shelf supp, and have mostly the same effect anyway.

Back