Beginning of a new journey...hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickiR

Hi there

I'm new to this so don't know what to write really but here we go.

Ever since I can remember I have been overweight. I have very little confidence in my body and looks. On a weekly basis I get called fat by various people including those close to me. My boyfriend says he is happy how I am but i'm not. I currently weight 14st 5lbs and i'm 5'9" which gives me a BMI of 29.5 I think. I can remember in primary school my teacher lining my class up and telling us who needed to lose weight and who didn't and he chose me. It's stuck with me ever since. I've had people shout flabby and fat at me in the street, I've had people say i look like wayne rooney, I even got called arnold schwarzenegger just the other day. For years I have used food to comfort myself, if i have had a bad day its food I turn to, and thats the same on the good day. I need to lose roughly 2st if not more

I cry myself to sleep most days and I have also resorted in the past to overdosing on laxatives. I did lose some weight around last christmas but this was because I literally lived off mentos and diet coke. Before this, I weighed around 16st. I just want to be healthy and lose weight at a sensible pace and become fit. Hopefully, I begin this new start in my life and will never look back. I am writing this because hopefully I can get some inspiration and not give up.

So this is me and I just want to say hi to everyone and wish me luck!

:newbie:

smile.gif

Hi,

Just wanted to say hi and good luck!

I can kinda understand how you feel, I feel pretty similar...It's hard because food can comfort me in the short term but long time it means I'll put on more weight. Have managed to not turn to food for comfort for a bout a month now, but there's still lots in my head to sort.

Anyway just wanted to say good luck!

Ally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back