Before and After HALL OF FAME?

Cantona

So I was looking through the "before and after" area of the website and found it quite difficult to find threads I wanted to see (peoples weight loss shown in pictures). People seem to post quite alot of different threads on loads of different subjects in that forum which is obviously fine.

But I was thinking we could have a thread in that forum dedicated to people's weight loss, maybe a link to the thread in question and a small description of how much weight has been lost etc. Maybe even rank it, with number 1 being the most weight lost.

THOUGHTS?

I think that's a really good idea actually. Sorta like an index of all the before and afters?

Yeah, exactly. If it was "sticky" at the top of the forum, people could use it easily and find the best pictures.

I understand that people can find motivation from seeing peoples' before and after pictures - because it's helpful to see that a body CAN change - but...

I don't think a "Hall of Fame" of sorts would be a good idea at all. It would just become a huge egotistical mess and vanity driven affair if we were to have one, especially if we were to rank them and put them into a "Hall of Fame" - it would just make the people who weren't ranked high feel shitty about themselves, as if they weren't as good as everybody else. Not to mention, can you imagine how bad some people would feel if they weren't in the "Hall of Fame" to begin with?

No, not a good idea.

Fat people feel bad enough about themselves already. We don't need to rub it in everybody's face with a "Hall of Fame".

I understand that people can find motivation from seeing peoples' before and after pictures - because it's helpful to see that a body CAN change - but...

I don't think a "Hall of Fame" of sorts would be a good idea at all. It would just become a huge egotistical mess and vanity driven affair if we were to have one, especially if we were to rank them and put them into a "Hall of Fame" - it would just make the people who weren't ranked high feel shitty about themselves, as if they weren't as good as everybody else. Not to mention, can you imagine how bad some people would feel if they weren't in the "Hall of Fame" to begin with?

No, not a good idea.

Fat people feel bad enough about themselves already. We don't need to rub it in everybody's face with a "Hall of Fame".

OK, I'm open to suggestion, but lets say it's called an INDEX. every thread is detailed in it.

I find the threads in that forum titled "6 months later..." don't help and don't encourage me to go in them.

Imagine this. A list of every member to have posted before and after pictures, the list is in alphabetical order and besides each posters name has what weight they were in their before and after pictures.

I just think something like this would benefit.

Imagine this. A list of every member to have posted before and after pictures, the list is in alphabetical order and besides each posters name has what weight they were in their before and after pictures.

If thats what you want, no ones stopping you from making that list. If you make a good list, it might even get stickied. But someone has to be the one to go through the threads and get the information. Are YOU willing to do that?

Also, like I said before, you can bookmark the B&A threads you come across that motivate you (either using the forum bookmark tools or your browser bookmarks).

It sounds to me more that you are looking for someone ELSE to do all the searching to find all the B&A threads to motivate you.

OK, I'm open to suggestion, but lets say it's called an INDEX. every thread is detailed in it.

I find the threads in that forum titled "6 months later..." don't help and don't encourage me to go in them.

There's an entire section dedicated to before and after pictures already. What you are asking for is not only a bad idea (in my personal opinion - and I've already stated why), but it's also waaaaay too much unnecessary work for the Moderators to be dealing with.

It's already been said, but, if you truly find motivation through peoples' before and after pictures, then bookmark the threads you find that contain pictures that motivate you.

I'm not a Moderator myself and I have nothing to do with the decision making on this forum, but I can pretty much assure you that what you are asking for is never going to happen. So, just do the work yourself and bookmark the threads you find motivational.

If thats what you want, no ones stopping you from making that list. If you make a good list, it might even get stickied. But someone has to be the one to go through the threads and get the information. Are YOU willing to do that?

Yeah, I reckon.

It sounds to me more that you are looking for someone ELSE to do all the searching to find all the B&A threads to motivate you.

I'm well on my way to my goal, as you can see from my signature. I just wanted to help others, not myself.

Back