Be happy now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going be happy when you get to your ideal weight?

Today, I want to question the idea that so many people think that once they reach their ideal weight that they will be happy. I have heard it over and over again over this year about how “once I lose 20 lbs I will be happy. When I get rid of my bingo wings I will have more confidence and I can do _______ you fill the blank.”

However, this is precisely what is preventing so many of us achieving that exact goal we set out to achieve. We get focused on the destination and get depressed each day that we wake up and we have not GOT THERE “wherever there is?” yet.

I guarantee that if you are not happy now about who you are then you will not be happy when you reach the DESTINATION of weight loss.

It is true, it almost like we wait for that THING to happen so we then actually have permission to feel good about ourselves.

Give yourself permission to FEEL GOOD right now, in this moment, that is why right now is called THE PRESENT.

Just give it a go, TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION and see what happens, just for a while.

Health and light.

Pete

That is a great point. I would consider myself to be in that bracket and feel like I have very little self-esteem.

It is a vicious cycle everyone needs to break if they want to lose weight.

I'm just really fed up with myself at the moment and really want to return to my local martial arts club but can't bring myself to go back yet.

Anywho my target is to lose 100lbs by Xmas and then return to training in the new year.

I will do it.

that is a really excellent post. its really set me up for the day! i admit i do fall into that way of thinking "once i am at my goal i will be happier and it will solve all my problems" but i forget that there is nothing stopping me from being happy right now.

thanks again!

Having said that - there is a really great feeling that comes from getting to your goal weight...

And I might not be alive now if I hadnt shed the pounds... The week after I hit my half start weight (down to 10 and a half stone from 21 stone) I was rushed into hospital for an emergency operation. The bottom line is that an emergency operation for someone 10 and a half stone is a lot less liable to complications than one for someone 21 stone (that is 5ft 3in tall).

I am just saying that people should be happy whatever their size - but if they want to use the notion of looking forward to being a smaller size then there can be something very positive in that too.

I have to say that generally i'm reasonably happy... I just know that I would be happier at my goal weight because i would feel more comfortable in my own skin.

It would just be great to be able to go out with my mates and not worry about being 'the fat girl...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back