Anyone lose weight with Acai berry???

I'm just saying.... I am loosing AMAZING amounts of weight and I'm basically only using kale, broccoli, coliflower, fish and other veggies.. I'm TELLING you all.. it is MAGIC!

I'd like to work with you in selling this proprietary blend of magical ingredients if you'll consider. I'm assuming if we blend all these foods together and put them in liquid form, the magic will still be in place... no?

I'd like to work with you in selling this proprietary blend of magical ingredients if you'll consider. I'm assuming if we blend all these foods together and put them in liquid form, the magic will still be in place... no?

exactly..because anyone with an ounce of brain knows that liquidated food is FAR superior to its ordinary conservative counterpart that the food-industrial complex tries to sell... why else would NASA give ASTRONAUTS liquid food?!?

I'll give you one better.

Freeze dried! When you freeze dry ice cream, they 'megafreeze' all the calories out!

"If exercise could be purchased in a pill, it would be the most widely prescribed and beneficial medicine in the nation." -Robert H. Butler

Any medication (particularly over-the-counter) or supplement that makes the claims like Acai berry does should be avoided at all costs!

Hello redstatic,

cai berries are most known as a weight loss supplement, although they have a number of other benefits such as reducing the aging process and helping cell recovery. The weight loss properties of acai berry can be largely explained by the increased metabolic rate it causes. This happens because of the very large amount of antioxidants (substances, which prevent oxidative stress and cell damage) it contains. This leads to faster fat breakdown, increases energy levels and fights fatigue. Combined, these effects make the process of losing weight faster and easier without any side effects usually associated with synthetic chemicals.

Thanks.

As the name implies, antioxidants are substances that are capable of counteracting the damaging, but normal, effects of the physiological process of oxidation in animal tissue. Antioxidants are nutrients (vitamins and minerals) as well as enzymes (proteins in your body that assist in chemical reactions). They are believed to play a role in preventing the development of such chronic diseases as cancer, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, and cataracts.

Oxidative stress occurs when the production of harmful molecules called free radicals is beyond the protective capability of the antioxidant defenses. Free radicals are chemically active atoms or molecular fragments that have a charge due to an excess or deficient number of electrons. Examples of free radicals are the superoxide anion, hydroxyl radical, transition metals such as iron and copper, nitric acid, and ozone. Free radicals containing oxygen, known as reactive oxygen species (ROS), are the most biologically significant free radicals. ROS include the radicals superoxide and hydroxyl radical, plus derivatives of oxygen that do not contain unpaired electrons, such as hydrogen peroxide, singlet oxygen, and hypochlorous acid.

Because they have one or more unpaired electrons, free radicals are highly unstable. They scavenge your body to grab or donate electrons, thereby damaging cells, proteins, and DNA (genetic material). The same oxidative process also causes oils to become rancid, peeled apples to turn brown, and iron to rust.

It is impossible for us to avoid damage by free radicals. Free radicals arise from sources both inside (endogenous) and outside (exogenous) our bodies. Oxidants that develop from processes within our bodies form as a result of normal aerobic respiration, metabolism, and inflammation. Exogenous free radicals form from environmental factors such as pollution, sunlight, strenuous exercise, X-rays, smoking and alcohol. Our antioxidant systems are not perfect, so as we age, cell parts damaged by oxidation accumulate.

Last edited:
you need to chill out Jericho ,
If they are stupid enough to believe it works then that's their problem :)

Natural Selection is a wonderful thing!

chill out? I didn't know that I was being combative by giving actual scientific definitions. I'll remove the first statement though since that way it isn't as aggressive.

Last edited:
iv tried the acai berry, it made me feel well but had no effect on weight loss it didnt increase or decrease it, but its worth taking them every now and then but dont get them from them internet sites that give them away for free as iv heard of a few people that have had money taken from their cards. I bought mine from holland and barrat for about £3 as well as the colon cleanse tablets which i found worked well for detox so helped with weight loss but i wouldnt just buy them for weight loss alone as you have to be eating well and exercising, the calorie in vs calorie out is defo the way to go!

colon cleanse tablets which i found worked well for detox so helped with weight loss but i wouldnt just buy them for weight loss alone
Really. You found they worked well for detox. Exactly which toxins did you find they removed, and how did you conclude that they removed them

Lets see what shall we?

Oh, for the tl;dr folk: no, it doesn't work.

And btw yes, you will feel better if you go from a horrible horrible diet to a relatively healthy flora-rich diet, it has nothing to do with antioxidants or acai berries, it has to do with relative health of the two diets.

didn't this thread die already?

Nothing ever dies on The Internet....

Mwah ha ha ha haaaaaa!!:reddevil:

Back