Any suggestions?

So about a year ago I got a random urge to get a personal trainer and start building the body that I wanted...

I started out at ground zero seeing as I hadn't gone to the gym consecutively since Highschool..

Age - 21
Weight - 180
Bench press - 155
Curls - 40
Squat - 200
Chest fly - 50 (Had never done them before)
Lat pull down - 80

A year later I now take:
Cellucore 96 Black (Red next month)
Marked pre workout
GNC's Glutamine
AMP Mass protein 50g

Age - 22
Weight - 200
Bench press - 295
Curls - 140
Squat - 480
Chest fly - max I have ever done is 295 for a set of 5 but I normally work at 150 to keep it safe
Lat pull down - 180

Now after all of the gains I have had I still do not see much muscle growth. I have seen a huge improvement in my thighs my triceps and my back, but as for my chest only a slight improvement as well as my biceps. now even with the improvements, I still dont see the cuts that I want and I don't see the gains that I want either... I would like to stay close to 195 - 205 and have a nice body size but not be a freak. Would Like to sculpt my arms, build my chest, and suck in my gut.

Anyone mind helping me out with a possible routine as to how I can accomplish this? I have just recently gotten into dumb bell presses and I LOVE THEM!!! The most I have trusted myself into lifting is 70 in each hand.

You didn't mention anything about what you eat. What has your trainer told you about nutrition? Are you eating a surplus of food?

When I typed this out yesterday I won't lie, I was very lazy and didnt say everything I should have.

For a while I was eating great, but then money became an issue and I haven't been eating correctly at all. I just started my new job and I plan on eating much better starting next week. Seeing as I am supposed to be adding mass on i was told to:

in the morning have a huge breakfast. 5 or 6 eggs, some bacon 2 or 3 pancakes (peanut butter on them w/ Maple syrup) and to have as a treat have 2 or 3 slices of whole wheat bread.

For lunch go and have a chicken breast if not 2 and a salad (People have said full chickens but seeing as I cant eat that much yet I'll start out with the chicken breasts.)

Dinner have 2 or 3 more eggs with a steak, have a baked or mashed potato (Or yams for mass)

not to mention I should be eating every 3 hours to keep my body constantly having energy. I take the AMP Mass gainer which has 50g of Protein and another 20g of sugar. Seeing as I am not worried about cutting my weight back yet, I was told to (If I wanted to) put another scoop of sugar in the mix as well seeing it will make it go to my muscles faster? I havent tried it yet because of how much sugar there already is...

For my snacks I was told Granola or almonds.

Let me know if there is anything I should be doing differently at this point?

When I go for losing weight I'm much better at... Have been helping a friend for a couple of months now, gave him a simple diet and put him to work at the gym every day. He has gone from 325 to yesterdays all time low of 256.

No more than 7 grams of sugar or 10 grams of fat per meal and he needs to eat every 3 hours (Just like myself.) on top of that instead of having break he has Rice cakes (Which, not going to lie is AMAZING)

Your diet sounds good for building muscle, but also take into consideration, are you still eating enough? A lot of guys think they're eating plenty when they really arent. Google a TDEE calculator and figure out how much you're burning a day vs. how much you are taking in. It may sound weird, but you may still need to eat more.

But what should I do for a workout schedule? Any advice on chest and bicep? Ive seen my arms get bigger, especially when I'm at the gym, but my chest lacks a lot even with a lot of flys and 5 sets of 5 (Max weight) with another 3 negatives. Bench press on a negative day will consist of a warmup of 10 on 135, then jump to 260, push that 5 times with a spot, and then go as slow as I can for another 3 with the spot helping me lift it. But as I have seen so far, I have had troubles bulking out in areas..

I have the same problem as far as chest is concerned. It's my worst area. I'm currently on a 5x5 split and bench on Monday and Thursday. After my regular bench press, I'll take the bar(There's a name for this, but I can't remember what it is) and do a regular bench press with 135 lbs, only the bar will be above my neck and not my chest. When it comes all the way down, you can really feel the stretch in your upper chest. I actually prefer those to incline presses. I do those 3x8 and chest flies 3x8. As far as biceps are concerned, I never saw results like the ones I saw when I did plain old barbell curls. Nothing fancy. Just standing heavy curls. I'll follow that up with some medium hammer curls.

As far as schedule is concerned, I do full body twice a week on Monday and Thursday. A lot of guys do Chest/Tri's Monday, Back/Bi's Wednesday, and Legs/Shoulders Friday. There's a ton of splits that work on different routines that involve a number of days instead of going by days of the week. I've always preferred having weekends off. I've never lifted more than three days a week, myself, but I guess it all depends on how your body recovers and responds to the lifts.

Stick to healthier routines. Chances are if you're currently at a proper and balanced body weight, then you've grabbed some healthier routines to assist you. Don't change them. If you've made a guarantee to lay off sweets cafes, continue to do so. Prepare healthier meals at home instead of going out to junk food joint parts.

Continue your routine. Try to get 10% of your target calorie intake in grams of protein. E.g. 3,000 calorie diet: 300 grams of protein per day. 6 meals: 50g or protein each

Back