Any diet suggestion for a first timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Hey all,

I have finally conquered my mental barrier to start eating right and living right. I am starting this journey of weight loss tomorrow. I just have one concern though. Since this is my first time losing weight, I know that what goes in your mouth is more important than actually exercising. With this, I would like to know what should be included/excluded in my diet for the first few weeks before getting serious on the healthy meal plan. I ask this because I do not want to completely give up my current eating habits and suddenly shift to a healthy diet. I believe if I do this, then it will completely demotivate me to further continue. Do you know what I mean? :p

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your responses :) :)

Detox

Hey there! I can just imagine how hard it is. Well, when my cousin was on a diet, she didn't resort to a drastic change on her diet. She started with adding a small amount of healthy foods on her diet because she's not really a fan of veggies but eventually she got used to it. She's still on a diet and doing its slowly but surely. I have read this article which I think might help you with your plans. Good luck.

I currently decided it was time for me to buck up and get healthy. I've tried before and did not succeed, and I'm not too far into my routine this time, but I've learned a lot while trying to keep myself motivated, (one of which being that you should refrain from calling your meal plan a "diet", that word is scary! Try "clean eating).
I'm trying a "no carb no sugar no starch" diet, and it's honestly not that hard if you do it right. I've found a lot of recipes and meals that are good for this diet, and I love that it's got me cooking more! My body feels better, my mind feels better--I also highly recommend trying yoga. The first time I lost weight it was through yoga, and it's helped me keep that weight off.
I also made a fitblr on tumblr that's helped keep me motivated. I think the "before and after" pictures are my favourite motivator.
OH, one thing I didn't mention about dieting is allowing yourself a cheat day! Mine is today actually, and I can't wait to eat something sweet! Though, once I get and maintain the body I desire, I'm definitely going to spread my binge-eat day throughout the week. Moderation is key.

And, if the diet I'm on sounds too hardcore for you, I just recommend cutting out carbs and starches, and anything with sugar that isn't fruit (aside from the blessed cheat day). You NEED to want it bad enough. Your main focus. If it isn't, it always slips.

I currently decided it was time for me to buck up and get healthy. I've tried before and did not succeed, and I'm not too far into my routine this time, but I've learned a lot while trying to keep myself motivated, (one of which being that you should refrain from calling your meal plan a "diet", that word is scary! Try "clean eating).
I'm trying a "no carb no sugar no starch" diet, and it's honestly not that hard if you do it right. I've found a lot of recipes and meals that are good for this diet, and I love that it's got me cooking more! My body feels better, my mind feels better--I also highly recommend trying yoga. The first time I lost weight it was through yoga, and it's helped me keep that weight off.
I also made a fitblr on tumblr that's helped keep me motivated. I think the "before and after" pictures are my favourite motivator.
OH, one thing I didn't mention about dieting is allowing yourself a cheat day! Mine is today actually, and I can't wait to eat something sweet! Though, once I get and maintain the body I desire, I'm definitely going to spread my binge-eat day throughout the week. Moderation is key.

And, if the diet I'm on sounds too hardcore for you, I just recommend cutting out carbs and starches, and anything with sugar that isn't fruit (aside from the blessed cheat day). You NEED to want it bad enough. Your main focus. If it isn't, it always slips.

Any diet that cuts out entire food groups is pretty much destined to fail. Keep in mind, you will have to eat and live like that for the rest of your live, under any circumstances, since going back to normal, healthy eating is going to cause you to gain weight back. Also, if you cut things out, you won't be able to maintain a healthy balance. Your body needs a bit of everything in a balanced way. Weight loss does not need to be hardcore, in fact, it should never be. If you have to go 'hardcore', you're doing something wrong.

Any diet that cuts out entire food groups is pretty much destined to fail. Keep in mind, you will have to eat and live like that for the rest of your live, under any circumstances, since going back to normal, healthy eating is going to cause you to gain weight back. Also, if you cut things out, you won't be able to maintain a healthy balance. Your body needs a bit of everything in a balanced way. Weight loss does not need to be hardcore, in fact, it should never be. If you have to go 'hardcore', you're doing something wrong.

I'm not, I have a cheat day where I allow myself to eat sweeter things, breads, all that. It's just far less often

So, you are going to eat like that for the rest of your life?

For the most part, yes. Special occasions and weekly cheat days will allow me the things I crave for, but there's absolutely no need to have those unnecessary sugars and what have you on a daily basis. I'm still satisfied by what I eat, it's just a hell of a lot better for me. In the past two weeks I've already seen progress in my muscles build and in my reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back