another dummy

What ever works for you is my thinking.

Although I agree that taking a snooze on the couch heheh probably isn't all that meditating hehe

I don't have much of an attention span either I find that I am to aware of the noises around me and then my brain starts yaking and next thing you know its gone.

Oh well, not like ya can't go back!

well i have been a while for a while so sorry if i missed anything.....how did ya practise go? hope it went well. I got a new book with some guided meditations in it really good but wow i never knew it could be so hard!! very constructive but really energy draining? dunno if you ever get that. I have been under alot of stressfull pressure recently and i guess my brain needs some serious unwinding because i felt really battered afterwards, does anyone get that at all?

Yoga is a great way to increase the flow of energy through your body (actual, biological energy) and meditation is a great way to bring your mind and body to a state of centeredness (biological homeostasis).

The trick to meditation is not to shut out outside noises and thoughts but to use them. Hear them, but don't dwell on them. Just tell yourself "that's just a thought" and let it pass. Try to keep your mind empty, but don't force it, or you'll just find yourself working too hard. Ideally, meditation should be the easiest thing you ever have to do, because really, it's doing nothing.

The best time to meditate, I think, is in the morning after you've had breakfast. You're unlikely to fall asleep because you have all this new energy from breakfast -- and you're less likely to be muddled from the events of the idea. Use it as a PREPARATION for your day rather than as an end-of-the-day exercise.

Back