Ankle pain, can anyone help?

Okay, so recently I've been wanting to get into running seriously. The only problem is the ankle pain. Anytime I run/jog/jump ,even for a small amount of time, I get really sharp pain in my ankles. Walking and most dancing is fine though. I've never looked into it because it only really affected me while running.
I'm guessing that this is the result of an "injury" I got a year or two ago. At the time I was dancing and the dance had a part where you have to jump repeatedly, I somehow ended up rolling my ankle. I kind of let it heal but then when tried to do the same dance again I ended rolling my other ankle (I feel like an idiot). Anyways, after that I think it hurt to walk on it but the pain went away and I could almost forget about it completely. I guess it wouldn't really be an issue but I really want to start to run. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm starting to get really frustrated. > ~ <

If you sprained your ankles in the past, you probably have a buildup of scar tissue in the ligaments that got damaged. Scar tissue tends to get laid down in a direction different than that of the healthy fibres, which causes restriction and pain. (It's like sanding wood against the grain.)

To treat it, like anything else, ice it when it hurts. For the long term, you're going to want to do a bit of massage on whatever structure was damaged to try and break up that scar tissue and get it running in the right direction. Balance exercises on one foot at a time will also help strengthen your ankle muscles to help stabilize the joint.

Theracurmin by Natural Factors! My wife had severe neck pain and stiffness from two degenerative cervical vertebrae and she is now almost back to normal. I'm 54 and weight train heavy and intense and feel great the next day after my workout.

to prevent your ankle from just make enough tries to not to give force on to that.try to keep it safe from over weightness and take piis regularly.....

The fastest way to stop pain is to reduce swelling. Swelling reduction and pain relief facilitate movement so the sooner your pain stops, the sooner you're able to start rehab.

Have you tried the RICE therapy?

- Rest the painful part and refrain from activity.
- Apply intermittent ice to the area.
- Apply a compressive wrap.
- Elevate the extremity.

If the pain continues, apply an for all activity.

Hajin - the ankle pain is probably due to a number of factors, and it's hard to speculate over the internet. you need to start working on the mobility of the ankle, and begin to strengthen that whole area in general. There's a great book on this called 'Becoming A Supple Leopard'- check out the review I did on my website for more info. I think it would really benefit u

Beyond exercise walking is suggested by doctors in this Ankle or knee pain problem. Walking strengthens muscles and joints by increase blood circulation in those parts.

Follow this link to get an idea about

Back