am i at a decent weight?

according to fitday it's in the healthy weight range, but barely. you're bordering on being overweight.

oasis said:
i am 6'3 and i weigh 195 pounds, is that a decent weight for my height?

These charts are inaccurate and very misleading.

Body composition is key.

%12 to %19 bodyfat for males.

hey.. im 6"2 (Just hehe) and 103 pounds... but im not skinny, still have a fair bit of fat.. i dont see tables or "recommendations" as good guidence, its really just how you look. :)

Those tables are not accurate. See, the way I look at things, is that one can not be "over weight" but instead, "over-fat". So if you have a healthy body fat %, then you're healthy. The rest is just your muscles, bones, organs, tissues, water, waste and other random things that I haven't mentioned.

I have seen things saying that the most accurate measurment of your fat health, is acutally how you look. Rather that the BMI stuff.

Yeah, those charts get less and less accurate the further you are form being 5' 10". If you are eating right and feel comfortable with your weight than you're fine.
I am six foot three and a quarter and I stayed at 195 for a lot of years and 200 for a lot of years and now I am trying like hell to gain weight and i am all the way up to 215 but I can still throw a lovely jump kick. So happy day.
If it really bothers you, check your BFI, but I am sure that your fine.

5' 4" 115lbs and i'm very small i wear size 00 , even when i am at 130lbs still the same size so lbs don't really mean much it is all how you carry it . just my opinion not really important just a different perspective.

mr david has got a big problem. his head is in his ass! anyone else agree. i say may you should find a more productive way to spend your time and stay out. atleast until you grow up.

I agree that you shouldn't follow those charts. When I was 13 (I'm 19 now)...I weighed almost 150 pounds, and I was probably 5'1"-5'2" (I'm 5'2" now). I didn't look 'fat', but I did look a little bit chubby, but definitely not obese or fat. So it just really does depend how you carry it all.

6'1 250 lbs with 20% BF it depends alot on your body structure and what the weight is made up of. According to charts I am what would be considered a fat cow perhaps.

Back