Alexxa's Weight Struggle Diary - 2021

Well done. You have regained control :)

It feels like it. I am little nervous about next week, when I start work full time. But I hope I'll manage it well.

There´s pros and cons to being back to work. On the one hand stress and lack of time can make it hard to eat well but on the other hand planning ahead and having structure to my day really help me not just eat whatever I want when I want it.

There´s pros and cons to being back to work. On the one hand stress and lack of time can make it hard to eat well but on the other hand planning ahead and having structure to my day really help me not just eat whatever I want when I want it.

Will you still be working from home?

That's true. Yes, I still work from home. It's a little easier when my mind is busy. Being at home at the moment gives me the time to take a break and eat when I need to and I feel like this is the moment when I should establish some general hours to eat , in order to keep them when I go back to work at school. I try to keep my meals ( preparing and eating) at 30-40 minutes, exactly how it will probably be when I return to school.

These days I haven t been really nice with my diet. And that s problematic because eating like crap makes me feel so tired and achy all the time. I always have an ache, either is my back, my legs or something to do with my organs. That should be motivation enough, not to count that almost none of my clothes fit anymore.

I ve been so terrified because I am planning to take the covid vaccine soon and I m afraid of it. I really hope everything will be OK and I ll return to an as close as it can be normality. I dread having the vaccine but also I m not comfortable with the idea of having covid or the fear of contracting it in every situation, knowing that I closely work with children and I m quite exposed.

I'm more afraid of Covid than I am the vaccine & will take it as soon as it's offered. It's time to start really looking after yourself, Alexxa. Your body deserves better than crap food, hon. Commit to a day, then another.....& come in here & tell us. You can do this :)

Apart from a sore arm for a day or two you'll very likely be fine with the vaccine. I wish I could get it already! Best of luck.

I'm more afraid of Covid than I am the vaccine & will take it as soon as it's offered. It's time to start really looking after yourself, Alexxa. Your body deserves better than crap food, hon. Commit to a day, then another.....& come in here & tell us. You can do this :)
Thank you for the encouragement. Indeed, my body really deserves better than this. I am shocked to see the effect food has on my mood and general wealth. I've put 20 kg in the last years and each pound makes me feel achier and more tired. I guess it takes more time to adjust, but I'm not giving up!
Apart from a sore arm for a day or two you'll very likely be fine with the vaccine. I wish I could get it already! Best of luck.
I'll let you know how I am doing with the vaccine and with treating my body better. I am taking the vaccine on 2nd February, that s when I got the appointment.

(Quote removed as had a spam link) Spammers are deleted fairly quickly, but please don't click on links unless from trusted members. :)
I'll check out your video but I can t do keto or low carb. I have a condition that requires having carbs as it can trigger an attack if I don t. I can try to get them from healthier sources, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put 20 kg in the last years and each pound makes me feel achier and more tired. I guess it takes more time to adjust, but I'm not giving up!
That´s the spirit! It´s ok to not get everything perfect: just learn from your mistakes and never give up. I feel so much better now than I did when I was heavier.
I'll check out your video but I can t do keto or low carb. I have a condition that requires having carbs as it can trigger an attack if I don t. I can try to get them from healthier sources, though.
Please ignore that guy´s video: he´s a spammer and will get banned soon.

I'm glad you're a fighter. We must never give up. I'm determined to get my clothes feeling loose again too.

I don t know if I can say that today was a light calorie day, but at least I m glad that all I ate was home made. I don t cook much but my mother in law came to visit us and she always spoils us with good food.

I ate some cheese stuffed pita with eggs for breakfast
Then some apple pie for a snack ( I try not to eat sweets just after main meals)
For lunch I had salmon with peas and carrots
And for dinner I think I ll have something light, maybe some cottage cheese with peppers.

I also had 2 drinks of gin and sugar free tonic water, I ll try to reduce my alcohol intake.

New week starting today. I really want to do better. I ll come back with what I am doing.
This is the final week of the 1st semester so I should be busier but less tired at the same time, since revising and closing the grades aren t that tiring.
I ve started the day with some golden milk ( unsweetened almond milk with turmeric). For lunch, I ll just have some cottage cheese because I ll be at school.

Ok, so yesterday was a good day. I did some exercise ( like an hour of walking) and the diet went like this:

10 a.m - golden milk
12 p.m - cottage cheese with raw sunflower seeds
17 p.m - salmon with peas and carrots and a baked pepper salad
20 p.m - yogurt with berries and 2 packets of stevia sweetener

Until now, today I've done ok-ish, I hope I won't do anything wrong at dinnertime.

Back