Alexis Levels Up!

Oh wow I don't think I could handle a sauna suit. I'm always trying to find ways to get cooler when I'm running or working out! I've never been good with saunas though either...
Sounds like you will have a good week ahead with your new groceries!

LaMa - Yep, tracking is an eye opener. I have tracked my food for the past... like 10 years... varying degrees of detail. But whenever I see the weight go up, I tend to get more strict with tracking and eventually the culprits will emerge.

Liza - I AM happy about the groceries! I got the tilapia cooked today, too. Feeling set for the week ahead for sure.

Sunday Weight: 149
Sunday Food:
Oatmeal + 2 eggs + Splenda, vanilla extract, cinnamon (oatmeal custard)
Tilapia
Brussel sprouts
Kettle Corn
Club Crackers x 4
Muenster Cheese x 3 slices
Hibiscus tea

Exercise: 30 min walk outside.

Monday Weight: 147

Monday Food:
Water with lemon
AlaniNu Shaved Hawaiian Ice Preworkout
Coffee w sugar free creamer
3 scrambled eggs
Brussel sprouts
Kettle popcorn
Sugar free brownies
Sugar Free cherry pie
Cool whip
Lamb
More brussel sprouts
American Style Kobe beef slices (from Wegman's - a request from mom)

Mon Exercise:
TAM 30 mins

Just returned from a week-long impromptu vacation to Aruba. The lovely man in my life paid for flights, a condo, and a car for me, himself, his brother (brother's birthday). We made a fun-loving and delightful trio! It was impromptu because the man is a very last minute kinda guy. Luckily, I was able to get the time off work and away we went. Condo was right across the street from the beach His brother was working some of the time, but we had a few nights out all together.
It was very much a DIY holiday. Did a big run for groceries at the start of the week and then cooked for ourselves at home most of the time. Went out for dinner twice, but I stuck to fish dishes and felt pretty good about my nutrition. The condo complex also had gym and pool, so I was able to work out while we were there.

Weight = 149
Not too bad, considering.

This was a good opportunity to recommit and get serious with health and fitness. I feel so much better when I'm eating for nutrition and performance. Here's to re-entering the every day world!!!

Cate - It really was a good chance to focus on health! It's entirely a DIY operation at this point, but I'm also working on adding in things like supplements to help level up my nutrition and performance game.

LaMa - It sure was! It's lovely to be able to travel again.
~~~
Monday, March 29, 2021
Weight = 149
Exercise = 30 min walk
Food =
  • Papaya
  • Protein smoothie (Equate protein, spinach, berries, banana)
  • Sopressata (spicier salami)
  • Kobe beef slices (they're fancier than I would normally buy, but mom loves them, so I splurge)
  • Grits w butter
  • Kettle corn
  • Hard Boiled Eggs
  • Baby carrots
  • Pure Protein Bar (Krispy Rice Treat flavor)
Today's Goals:
  • 70 g of protein = YES (hit 82 grams)
  • 90 oz of water = YES
  • No dairy (trying to clear up my skin...) = YES

Starting out the week slow and steady. My plan is to be sustainably under 145 by the weekend. Did a big grocery shop at ShopRite and Wegman's yesterday, so the fridge is stocked. Also re-registered for the gym (my old card had expired). It does feel good to be back in a routine of being surrounded by people who are working on fitness. My gym is lovely and fairly diverse: people from all ages, fitness levels, and walks of life. It's very inspiring.

Here's to a GREAT week!!!

Meal Plan for the week:
Protein = tilapia, eggs, tuna, sopressata, beef, pure protein bar, protein shake
Veggies = artichokes, baby carrots, celery
Fruit = Papaya, banana

LaMa - Thinking of you for sure!!!

~~
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Weight = 148
Exercise = 30 min combo TAM + walking
Food =
  • Papaya
  • Zero Carb Bagel + Butter
  • Tofutti cream cheese
  • Kobe beef slices
  • Grits w butter
  • Club crackers - 6 crackers
  • Hard Boiled Egg
  • Baby carrots
  • Pure Protein Bar (Krispy Rice Treat flavor)
  • 1/2 leftover bacon and blue cheese cheeseburger + 2 chocolate covered macaroons
  • Leftover ramen
  • Traditional Medicinals lemon Detox tea
Today's Goals:
  • 70 g of protein = YES
  • 90 oz of water = YES
  • No dairy (trying to clear up my skin...) = YES
Positives: Made it to the gym in the morning! Felt amazing to work out before work, but I was exhausted afterwards...

Notes - Argh... I took a nap after work and woke up ravenous. I know from experience this is dehydration, not real hunger, but I gave in and kinda went wild - had a brownie, leftover cheeseburger, and ramen. Bleh. The brownie was not the best idea (sugar = not good for my skin...) but moving onward and upward.

I'm also working on adding more supplements into my routine. I tried a coffee with Lion's Mane for mental clarity and cognition and whether or not it's coincidence, I'm feeling very mentally alert and cognitively aware!

Dehydration can really mess me up as well - although a nap is usually a great antidote for cravings in my case :)

Monday, April 12
Weight = 145
Food over the past few days has been things like beef, carrots, almonds, keto cookies, keto ice cream... total comfort food.

Still hanging in there, but have been a super busy. Day job is busy... and then I'm working like crazy to build up my side hustle.

Following up at the end of April... Weight has been creeping up over the past 10 days (I was seeing 148/149 regularly...) Took some focus to get back down to 144... one night of salt ramen and cheesecake and now I'm back up to 148. :ack2:

Got my second dose of the vax yesterday. Was a very good reminder to hydrate and I'm glad that it's encouraged me to a healthy habit. No side effects except for a super sore arm.

Well... LOTS has happened between April 2021 and March 2022:
Oct 2021 - I got engaged!
Feb 2022 - I got married!
March 2022 - PREGNANT (yikes!)

VERY excited... but kinda not looking forward to gaining weight. I know it's necessary (blah blah blah) but I'm aiming to keep it between 25-30 lbs and remain active. My mom stuck to a 20 lb weight gain and regular exercise for both her pregnancies so that's my plan, too. However my mom was 27/33 y/o when she was pregnant and I'm 39. Plus, I don't really have her body type, but that's no excuse. My plan is to be healthy, fit, and active!

I might just start a fresh, new journal for this fresh, new phase of my life.

Back