Alexis Levels Up!

Hello all and welcome to my diary! I'm looking to take my life, diet, and fitness to the next level.

March 7, 2021

Starting Stats:
Height = 5’8”
Weight = 145 - 148 lbs
BMI - 22.5 (Healthy = 18 - 24)

I’m in my (late) thirties. Single lady, with a fantastic man in my life. I live in the NYC/NJ metro area and work in marketing.

I’ve never been entirely at peak fitness. My goal over the next 42 days is to get into “pro athlete” shape. I’ve been watching a lot of fitness vlogs and their dedication and strategy is inspiring me to take my own life and dedication to the next level. I don’t have a firm target event in mind, but my man and I have some vacation time scheduled from 3/22 - 3/26 ish. Not sure where we’re going, but hopefully there will be sun and sand involved (safely, socially distant).

I would also very much like to get married at some point this year and I’d love to use this as a platform to get into the best shape of my life.

My eating plan is "keto inspired". I always do better when I focus on lean protein, healthy fat, and minimal but healthy carbs. I don't want to adhere too strictly to a "diet" because my first thought on a diet is to figure out how to cheat on it. I can't cheat life - the results of whatever I'm doing (positive or not) will show on my body.

5 Points of My Plan:
1. Hydration - I aim for 90-100 ozs.
2. Lean Protein - Plan my meals around protein
3. Fitness - I do the Tracy Anderson Method, yoga, and walking for cardio. I aim for about 30 mins 5x per week.
4. Cut off - I aim to have all my eating done by 8PM. If I'm eating after 8PM, it's not usually the most sound nutritional choices.
5. Accountability - Post in here. I also track my calories on MyFitnessPal (I'm Focused_5 if anyone wants to be friends!)

Here goes...

Thanks for reading!

Hi Alexis and welcome to the forum :) You sound like a lady with a plan, which is always good.
I am curious to know how you'd define pro athlete shape. Weight? Strength? Endurance? Flexibility? You must be extremely fit already if you can get there in only 42 days!

Hi, Alexis & welcome to our supportive & friendly forum :)
It seems like you are already at a healthy weight & have figured out how to stay there. Kudos to you! I couldn't find you on MFP as Focused_5

LaMaria - This is a great question... I think my idea of "elite/pro" vs "amateur" is more about mindset and results. I'm working on defining the details of these results...

Cate - I was wrong! I'm actually just "focused5" - Focused5's profile | MyFitnessPal.com

~~~
March 8, 2021 -
Weight = 149 :oops:
Exercise = 30 mins Tracy Anderson Method Beginner

Eating Plan:
Under 20 grams of sugar
Protein = 70 grams
Fat = 50 grams
Carbs = 70 grams

I think my idea of "elite/pro" vs "amateur" is more about mindset and results. I'm working on defining the details of these results...
:p One of the hallmarks of a pro athlete is having clear, objective, measureable goals, so that sounds like a step in the right direction!

Hi, Alexis. I changed my settings on MFP as I wasn't tracking sugar. What are the percentages you aim for each day? (Protein/Carbs/Fat) I'm going to concentrate more on my macros I think.

It is great having those goals but for long term injury free health I would be concerned about that workout video, as it is demonstrating poor form which will have a negative impact on the lower back in the long run.

Welcome to the forum Alexis. We have a lot in common - I'm in my 30s, also 5 foot 8, work in marketing, have always dreamed of living in New York City... :)

You have my ideal weight as it stands, but best of luck with your own personal goal.

Adding in my welcome Alexis--
sounds like you have some really great goals and are already in a really great place so hopefully should be a fun project to get yourself to the point you would like to be fitness-wise.
Looking forward to following your journey!

LaMa - Yep - My most immediate goal is getting down to fighting weight.

Cate - Yay! Happy to be friends on MFP - I’m aiming list my foods in more regularly and thoroughly as I know that helps me stay on track. I’m aiming for 30-30-30, with a bit more emphasis on protein. I have my protein goal set at 70 grams, I think. I’m trying to build my meals around protein and use protein powder as necessary.

Trusylver - Yes - this is very true. Form is KEY. The main workout I do is exceptionally scientific in design and execution. What’s your preferred form of exercise?

Emily - :) I’ve always loved the city. It is a tough place to live, but I do enjoy it. At some point I wouldn’t mind moving to a farmhouse on a few acres of land, but it’s perfect for the moment.

Liza - Hello and thank you!!! I am trying to look at this as a fun project for sure. :D

Update:
  • Food - meh. I had a protein shake for lunch but Burger King for dinner. Still managed to stay under 20 grams of sugar, which was a positive thing.
  • Fitness - Did an evening cardio session of 30 mins on the treadmill while watching Designated Survivor on Netflix. I have a Fitbit that I got for free from my insurance company (Cigna) by participating in a nutrition tracking program. I’ve set my goals for 5 cardio sessions of 30 mins each and it is actually motivating to get all my workouts in for the week.
  • Hydrate - 90 ozs water. I’m chugging down my last 30 ozs now.
  • Cut off - No more food planned for the evening.
  • Check in - Here it is!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.20.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.20.19 PM.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 5
Trusylver - Yes - this is very true. Form is KEY. The main workout I do is exceptionally scientific in design and execution. What’s your preferred form of exercise?

I do most forms of exercise, I usually hike 3 days per week, with training in my gym 4 days per week + a 2 hour session in the elite training facility at Uni as part of working towards my Batchelor of Sport and Exercise Science. I am also a former national powerlifting champion among other things. I was only concerned about the Anderson videos due to the horrendous form shown in them and the way she spreads incorrect fitness information without any qualifications or science to back it.

I do most forms of exercise, I usually hike 3 days per week, with training in my gym 4 days per week + a 2 hour session in the elite training facility at Uni as part of working towards my Batchelor of Sport and Exercise Science. I am also a former national powerlifting champion among other things. I was only concerned about the Anderson videos due to the horrendous form shown in them and the way she spreads incorrect fitness information without any qualifications or science to back it.

Ugh... It's true. I'm frustrated that she doesn't release the studies she talks about. I do the TA streaming workouts and all I know is that the method works really well for my body. It's definitely an evolving process for her because her current workouts are much more conscious of supporting the lower back.

Good for you keeping the sugar low and meeting the workout goal!
Nice work on the water too...something I need to keep reminding myself on...
Sounds like a really good day all round :)

I do most forms of exercise, I usually hike 3 days per week, with training in my gym 4 days per week + a 2 hour session in the elite training facility at Uni as part of working towards my Batchelor of Sport and Exercise Science. I am also a former national powerlifting champion among other things.

So impressed with this.

I can imagine living in New York City for a number of years would make you want to move to the country after a while, but all my favourite things are basically contained in that city - artsy, pretentious people; every show and gig you could ever want to go to; people from all walks of life everywhere; loads to see and do; amazing restaurants.... Yep, still want to move there at some point. The money needed is the issue.

Emilyrose said:
So impressed with this.
I can imagine living in New York City for a number of years would make you want to move to the country after a while, but all my favourite things are basically contained in that city - artsy, pretentious people; every show and gig you could ever want to go to; people from all walks of life everywhere; loads to see and do; amazing restaurants.... Yep, still want to move there at some point. The money needed is the issue.

Gotta admit, for all the headaches (i.e. parking, especially in the winter) the good in the city is pretty good. Full disclosure - I live in NJ in my childhood home, helping out mom with mortgage and bills. My man lives in Manhattan: (Upper West Side on 73rd and Central Park West) on the 10th floor of a doorman building with a view of the park. I head in to visit him a few days a week and it's kind of amazing. We've known each other for almost 3 years and I was super intimidated at first, but now it's just regular life. He's an absolutely dream, too. Relationships are hard work, but he's amazing and overall it's a joy.

Here's the strategy: find a man, dazzle him with your beauty and personality, get him to move. you to New York! ;)

Friday Weight = 147

Thursday Food:
Sunwarrior Protein Blend - 25g
Sweet Sausages - 2 whole
Kale - 1 cup blanched
Graham crackers - 2 sheets
Cottage cheese - ½ cup
Reduced Sugar Strawberry Preserves - 2 Tbspns
Tri color pasta - 3 cups
Vodka sauce - ¼ cup

Friday Plan - Food
Sunwarrior Protein Blend - 25g
Turkish food - lunch special - doner kebab + rice + salad
Sugar Free brownies - they’re a treat!

Friday Plan - Exercise
30 mins TAM! (got it done, wearing a sauna suit… yikes!)
Trying out the Sauna suit mostly for skin benefits. I miss sweating to clear my pores!

Happy weekend everyone!

Working out in a sauna suit sounds so uncomfortable! Not to mention I´m always thirsty anyway... I do wonder though: do you actually sweat more or does the sweat just stsy on your skin? Ie: does it make you uncomfortably warm as well as sweaty?

I have no idea what a sauna suit is, but I miss the steam room bigtime! It's been over a year now. Sigh.

Interesting. ;)

I miss a steam room, toooo!!!! Sauna suits are noisy but effective. It's like a sweatsuit but made out of tarp like material that holds in heat and makes you sweat. It's a little messy but it works.

Working out in a sauna suit sounds so uncomfortable! Not to mention I´m always thirsty anyway... I do wonder though: do you actually sweat more or does the sweat just stay on your skin? Ie: does it make you uncomfortably warm as well as sweaty?

It is a little uncomfortable, but it does produce the sweat that I crave!

Good for you keeping the sugar low and meeting the workout goal!
Nice work on the water too...something I need to keep reminding myself on...
Sounds like a really good day all round :)
It was a good day!!! I have to remind myself to drink my water, too...

Sat weight = 147 (really 149, but I couldn’t face it…)
Fri Food =
Doner kebab combo plate with rice and salad
Gardetto’s special Rye Crackers
Sugar Free Brownies

Sat Food =
Oatmeal w butter
Leftover kebab
6 pieces nigiri (salmon, tuna, whitefish)
Sugar free cherry pie w cool whip
Sugar free brownies
Gardetto’s special rye crackers
1 cup ginger peach tea
1 cup senna tea

Sat exercise =
30 mins TAM
20 min walk
10k steps

Ugh - my food choices are anything but elite. No wonder I'm feeling bloated and sluggish. Did some serious grocery shopping today though. Picked up some fresh tilapia, broccoli, and green beans. Plan to cook that tomorrow and have it throughout the week.

I also plan to treat myself to nice water (Poland Springs!) to encourage myself to drink more. It's always easier when it takes good.

Ugh - my food choices are anything but elite. No wonder I'm feeling bloated and sluggish.
Tracking can be a real eye opener for sure.
I also plan to treat myself to nice water (Poland Springs!) to encourage myself to drink more. It's always easier when it takes good.
I like the sound of that! Carrots over sticks any day.

Back