Aged 18 - Looking for help with a diet and routine!!

Absolutely useless forum! No help at all! I've had to use a diet I've seen online and it is probably wrong for me! Like I said.. USELESS FORUM!

It's not as if I have never used insult or offence to get a reaction so no sweat.
If you need generics go with Goldfish all the way, probably the same with power lifting too, specific goal it depends what you need, rehabilitation Jrahien 1st, me possibly second unless basket lady is around. If you need to ache for eternity and spend the next few decades wondering about how people manage to train past the stage of aching I will help you out there, caution that way lies insanity from which there is no return.
The more information you give about what you want the better we can help you. Aesthetic is always a fun aim, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some want bigger, others leaner.

Diet is very simple and there are some good guidelines here. Again Goldfish is good, he goes more detailed than I do. My knowledge went to insomnia curing levels decades ago so I realised that high level monitoring works to a level of 98+% so the additional bit didn't seem worth it. Complex carbs as high as you can get them and taken in throughout the day, sugars rare as you can get them, protein moderate, fats sensible not absent, trace vits and minerals at 100 to 150% RDA.
Food pyramid is a good guide but look at volumes not portion numbers.

At 18, you need to focus in your diet first. Though there is no age to go to gym , but focus on diet will rather help you. Secondly, you mentioned about a gym near to you. If you have perfect weight and if you are taking proper diet, then you can surely join the gym and ask for its starter package. Starting package might include some good stretching exercise and will help you to get your body in shape. You should also check the sources about the packages that a gym provide like , . What all things they include, how much do they charge. You should be aware of this. This will help you to get the best out of less money.

DON'T MISS
Why Dieting is Dangerous for Young Girls
30 Seconds a Day is All it Takes to Get in Shape
10 “Diet” Foods that Actually Make You Fat
Cleansing Your Life: The Benefits of a Detox Diet
Ending the Diet Soda Myth Once and for All

Home > Weight loss > Sixteen Best Exercises for Weight Loss
Sixteen Best Exercises for Weight Loss
SHARE ON FACEBOOK TWEET GOOGLE +1
Nine Best Exercises for Weight Loss Sixteen Best Exercises for Weight Loss

Photo credit: Bigstock
There’s no getting around the fact that in order to lose weight safely and permanently, you need to eat healthy food and get plenty of exercise.

Exercising burns calories and builds muscle, which is essential for increasing your metabolism so that you can burn even more calories and lose more weight.

So dust off those workout clothes and pick one of these nine best exercises for weight loss to get started today on your path to a slimmer, healthier you.

1. Walking
Walking is an ideal exercise for weight loss: It doesn’t require any equipment, other than a decent pair of walking shoes, and you don’t need a gym membership to do it.

It’s a low-impact exercise, which means it won’t blow out your knees or cause other stress injuries that can leave you on the sidelines for weeks or even months.

For those with certain health issues, including obesity and heart disease, walking is an effective, low-intensity weight-loss activity that can lead to better overall health, as well as better mental wellbeing.
Depending on how much you weigh, walking at a pace of four miles per hour will burn between 5 and 8 calories every minute, or between 225 and 360 calories for a 45-minute walk.

At this pace, walking 45 minutes a day most days, you can lose up to a pound a week without changing any other habits.

So put on your walking shoes, turn on your iPod and go for a brisk stroll through the neighborhood. If you live close to where you work or shop, make walking your primary mode of transportation most days, and watch the pounds melt away. When the weather is bad, take to the local track or indoor mall, or hop on the treadmill.
2. Kettlebell
Kettlebells are cast iron balls fitted with a single handle. Unlike traditional handheld weights, the weight of the kettlebell isn’t evenly distributed, which means that your body has to work to stabilize you and counterbalance the weight of the ball.
Kettlebells provide for a hard-core workout that not only burns up to 400 calories in a mere 20 minutes, but also strengthens your core, improves balance and posture and targets all of the major muscle groups, as well as the stabilizing muscles.
3. Swimming
Vigorous swimming can burn anywhere from 400 to 700 calories an hour. All types of swimming are effective for helping you shed pounds, from a front crawl to a breast stroke or even the dog paddle.
Swimming is a highly effective exercise for weight loss and toning. It’s one of the lowest-impact exercises out there, and it strengthens, tones and conditions your whole body.

It’s particularly ideal for women in their last trimester of pregnancy and individuals who battle with arthritis, obesity, and musculoskeletal conditions.

It’s also great for those who suffer from exercise-induced asthma, because the warm, moist air around the water helps keep the airways clear..........next step coming soon...................View attachment 6258

Attachments

• Nine-Best-Exercises-for-Weight-Loss.jpg
    Nine-Best-Exercises-for-Weight-Loss.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 54
Back