Advice Please...re: NordicTrack 900

I'm thinking of investing $150.00 on a NordicTrack 900. This is a skier similar to the NordicTrack Pro. I've read some posts that suggest that this is a good piece of equipment. I would like to get opinions (good and bad.. :) ) about using at home skiers. I tried it today and found myself clumsy....I would love to know who's used it and loved it and why. Or hated it.

Thanks!!!

Houstongal

My wife has been using the NT pro for about 14 years, everyday, and loves it. Everyone feels clumsy on it at first, but once you get used to them. They are great exercise. Very easy to maintain. I prefer an elliptical, but that is just me. The NT skier is great. Last a long long time.

I'm thinking of investing $150.00 on a NordicTrack 900. This is a skier similar to the NordicTrack Pro. I've read some posts that suggest that this is a good piece of equipment. I would like to get opinions (good and bad.. :) ) about using at home skiers. I tried it today and found myself clumsy....I would love to know who's used it and loved it and why. Or hated it.

Thanks!!!

Houstongal

One has to be weary and of course I am biased and do not recommend buying ANY used skier that has not been fully reconditioned and refurbished. No matter what people tell you, 'like new' can be more problematic than one that was frequently used. The 900 is not for everyone - there is a lot more to clean up, things that can and do go wrong and they are often LOUD and NOISY compared to the whisper quiet wood skiers. (and if your wood skier is not whisper quiet and smooth, there is a reason ...). It's a matter of preference, but the traditional wood skiers tend to be more quiet, smooth and have a continuity of motion second to none. That being said, some people love the 900's and I usually have a waiting list. I find that 'Big & Tall' people are partial to them. Incidentally, The "Plus' Series skiers are my least favorite.

My wife has been using the NT pro for about 14 years, everyday, and loves it. Everyone feels clumsy on it at first, but once you get used to them. They are great exercise. Very easy to maintain. I prefer an elliptical, but that is just me. The NT skier is great. Last a long long time.

The Skier is the better of the two - and is in fact, is the 'original' and true Elliptical. It's freestyle vs. robotic. You have much more fluidity and range of motion on the skier. Once you learn it, you will never go back. Although I am a dye in the wool NordicTrack Skier advocate, my wife - yes - NordicDanny's wife insisted on an Ellipitcal. We got a hybrid - adjustable stride and 'beefy' model. She will tell you to this day, that yes, while the elliptical satisfied that desire, it made her crave the skier all the more and she finally 'saw the light' as it were and now understands the difference.

Back